Recent content by Ngrimm | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Recent content by Ngrimm

1. N

Scanner and/or Readers recomendations

I am using a BAFX OBD2 to Bluetooth adapter about $20. I also had to get a bluetooth usb adadaper for my old laptop but I mostly use it with with my Android smart phone. I think any adapters that mention forscan the description would work but the BAFX seemed like a safe bet at is has worked...
  2. N

Scanner and/or Readers recomendations

I use Forscan on my laptop and on my smartphone and I think it is great. IMO you'd have to pay quite a bit for a handheld scanner that will to what Forscan does for nearly nothing. But I understand if you don't have a smartphone and you need something portable.
  3. N

P1309 on 5.0 swapped Sport Trac

Thank you for the reply. After talking to the PO I found out that the grove that is on the harmonic balancer is not the timing mark. I had to go thru the spark plug hole to get it close and then I was able to find what used to be timing marks on the balancer. Since it wasn't at tdc...
  4. N

Solved Help! No heat. Heater control valve issue.

There is a module behind the glove box. My heater blew cold until I remembered I had unplugged the connector to the module. I think it controls the blend doors.
  5. N

P1309 on 5.0 swapped Sport Trac

I recently bought a 2001 Sport Trac that had the 4.0 replaced with a 5.0 v8 by the PO. The truck runs great but I keep getting the 1309 code which of course means the misfire detection is disabled due to a problem with the cam sensor signal. The cam sensor is working in that I don't get an...
  6. N

Engine Misfiring on Bank 1

Bad fuel injector? If adding Seafoam to the fuel improves it then you will know.
  7. N

5r55e long hesitation going into forward gear

Between the two transmissions I salvaged enough good steels and bands so that with a set of Borg Warner disks and a Precision gasket and seal kit I got it put back together. One of the copper seal rings for the forward clutch bearngs was worn thin so I think that may have contributed to the...
  8. N

I found my problem. The forward clutch pack was smoked but everything else looks pretty good.
  9. N

understanding 5r55e fluid flow - troubleshooting weak engagement in D

I feel your pain. How does the EPC pressure look?
  10. N

I decided to remove and rebuild the transmission. The good thing is that I have the other transmission for parts. I thought about getting a j/y transmission but who knows how good it would be. I read the 5r55e Rebuild Diary and watched several videos. Norm
  11. N

understanding 5r55e fluid flow - troubleshooting weak engagement in D

For what it's worth, mine doesn't go over 163 degrees with the temp outside in the 60s. Unfortunately my engagement problem begins at around 150 degrees.
  12. N

The whole thing started when I had to swap out the transmission since the one that was in the truck turned out to be a slightly older 5r55e and it didn't doesn't have the center speed sensor (I don't recall which one that is) and it would throw a code. The seller told me it needed a new sensor...
  13. N

Good evening from florida - Which Transmission?

Hello. According to another forum, the D code started in 1997-2001 indicating a 5r55e. Norm
  14. N

I ordered valve body gaskets today. I have a spare 5r55e from slightly older truck. I figured I could put that valve body in the 5r55e since it is supposed to be the same. Anyone know of a way to test the forward clutch piston using air pressure without having to buy a test plate?
  15. N

I previously replaced the filter and filled the trans with fluid. I think the trans had been sitting for a while as it came from a wrecked truck. Thank you.
Back