Recent content by NoSubstitute | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Recent content by NoSubstitute

1. N

Info-Setup-Reset no longer works

Thanks for the wiring info. As I read through it, I realized that there were 6 wires in the plug, not the 4 that you mentioned. After following the wires back into the harness, I came across another plug that only had 4 wires, and the colors matched up. I realized that i had the wrong plug...
  2. N

Correct. The only thing that displays is the miles/odometer. There are 4 pins on the back of the switches, but the connector actually has 6 wires going to it (there are 8 holes total), even though only four are used. When the vehicle lights are on, the switches light up, so I'm confident that...
  3. N

I have a 2008 Mercury Mountaineer that I was investigating replacing the radio. I took apart the dash bezel, and unplugged all the connections. I reinstalled and everything worked fine. I then took it apart again, and when I connected it again, the Info, Setup and Reset buttons no longer...
  4. N

2008 V8 - Retrofit Tow Package?

That's great news! Thanks for the info. My boat trailer has surge brakes and has the 7-pin connector, as it uses the reverse light power to release the brakes when backing up. I will compare the trans coolers and see if there are any differences. Any suggested wiring kits to add the 7-pin to the...
  5. N

06-10 V8 issues?

X2. I have a '06 Mountaineer with the V8, and it's about to turn 170k. The exhaust manifolds leak and make a ticking sound that gets a little quieter once it warms up. I've replaced both front wheel hubs, and need to do them again, along with the rears. I replaced the radiator about 10k ago...
  6. N

2008 V8 - Retrofit Tow Package?

I currently have a 2006 Mountaineer V8 with the tow package, and it's served me well towing my 4200lbs ski boat. I'm looking at a 2008 Mountaineer with a V8, but it doesn't have the tow package. From what I've been able to research, there aren't any drive train differences for the V8s between...
Back