Recent content by Ol' Blue | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Recent content by Ol' Blue

1. Ol' Blue

New to DFW

Hey fellers I just moved to the DFW area in Dec. and would like to get together with some fellow X enthusiasts. As of now, the X is pretty stock and has a few fixes I need to get to, but I'm willing to get out and tear something up or even just talk tech and stuff. Let me know what you guys...
  2. Ol' Blue

How-To: Rear Bucket Seats - BIG PICS

Thanks for all that info. They look great. I was just imagining this the other day and stumbled on this thread. And best of all, a pair of seats and center console at my favorite auto salvage only costs me 50 bucks. Thanks:thumbsup:
  3. Ol' Blue

Steering response after mud tires.

Well, that kinda sounds like you either corner really hard or you may have low pressure in your tires. Average cornering should NOT allow your tires to wobble back and forth on the rim. Maybe try a wider rim on the same tire. That might cure the bubble tire. Just my .02 Unless you, like...
  4. Ol' Blue

31x10.5R15

Absolutely! :thumbsup: I have only ran 31/10.50's since I purchased my X. They run fine with no trimming, but I removed all my plastic trim and bumpers anyway. Of course a lift would be nice...:rolleyes:
  5. Ol' Blue

Torque converter noise??

I have had that sound, or what I'm assuming it is at this point, for over 3 years now and the truck seems to run tip-top. Albeit, dumping the exhaust under the rear seat is one heck of an annoyance :wtf: I will be taking down to a friend of a friend tomorrow to look at it, I will keep it...
  6. Ol' Blue

How to: Overhead console display fix - 2nd Gen

Another one bites the dust. My compass and temp failed, so I had my brother-in-law solder the durn thing for me. She works beautifully now...thanks.:thumbsup:
  7. Ol' Blue

Insight... $$$

I took the leap of faith to ELITE EXPLORER w00:biggthump
  8. Ol' Blue

Insight... $$$

Wait a minute...heyyy....you stole my list. :mad: Naw, that sounds like it would be a sweet rig. something just beefy enough for the colorado terrain...maybe even Imogene haha...I wouldnt dare. :eek: :roll: :eek: BTW Redemption, wherebouts in colorado do you live? anywhere near GJ?
  9. Ol' Blue

Insight... $$$

Yah...I like to feel kewl, but honestly, I will probably hold off for another year or so...pretty in-depth stuff. However, Im lucky to have a brother-in-law who knows what he's doing and has a lot of the stuff we will need. But, yah I see your point.;) By the way, on a scale of 1-10 (if thats...
  10. Ol' Blue

Insight... $$$

You guys are getting me all worked up...I was gonna go to bed about 3 hours ago...but all this talk about spending money I don't have and starting on new projects has me jonesing. It may be 1:30 a.m. here but Im gonnah go work on the beast. Also, I have a solid axle to do the SAS that I can...
  11. Ol' Blue

Insight... $$$

thanks for the help. :notworthy Thats what I love about this site. I will get on that lift soon. Just as soon as the 78 Camaro is done:confused: Thanks again
  12. Ol' Blue

Insight... $$$

Nice Ex :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup: I was leaning that direction...I think you made up my mind. And that was the PA-883 lift correct? And how hard in general was that to install or did you have a shop do it?
  13. Ol' Blue

Smoked Tail Light Tint

Yah, I have heard of that stuff. Now I know it works. Thanks man.:thumbsup:
  14. Ol' Blue

Insight... $$$

In reference to the cost of a TT/Shackles, here in Grand Junction I found a well know exceptional shop to do mine, parts and all, for 120.:eek: I had prepared for alot more cost. Guess it was good though b/c I found a set of 33's on outlaws and it turns out I know the guy so he is giving them...
  15. Ol' Blue

one of the reasons i dont go to bars much anymore

AGREED...how about those flashbangs? hahaha...i need some friends like you. my story is a little different, but kinda the same. I was at the BMX park about 2 months ago cleaning all of the trash and gravel off of the concrete when a guy came up and started talking smack. Well, next thing I...
Back