Recent content by OneHotLX | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Recent content by OneHotLX

1. O

PARTS

I've used them for a few years as well. As mentioned above try to stick with name brand parts as returns can be a bit of a pain. I just bought a set of Monroe quick struts and RA did cover the cost to replace a strut mount stud broken in transit.
  2. O

Who's completed a 3V or 4V swap?

Do you know who that was? I found the thread from Gotta Big Block with the 2v 5.4 swap with sounds unbelievable easy. I wish there were some pics and maybe a condensed thread with the swap info though.
  3. O

Conquering Tremendous Body Roll

Is the body roll or does it feel like it's swaying? If the rearend feels loose like you're on tires with low PSI or bias ply tires you'll want to look at your wheel bearings. They don't seem to make noise like the fronts but you can tell if you jack it up and shake the wheel.
  4. O

Who's completed a 3V or 4V swap?

My latest Explorer is an '03 4.6 Centennial 4WD that sounds like it may have a rattle in the bottom end. So, I'm researching options to replace it. I'm wondering if anyone has swapped in an Aviator DOHC or maybe a 3V. I've seen a few threads from people pondering similar questions but there is...
  5. O

4.6l DOHC ?

Sorry for bringing up an old post. Fordexplorer98, do you have any more details regarding the swap? Did you have to modify the harness, what PCM did you use, any other recommendations? Thanks
  6. O

Clanging Jingling noise 2003 mountaineer

Are you getting just the TC replaced or having work done on the trans?
  7. O

Rattling From Front Of Transmission

Did you get it figured out?
  8. O

Clanging Jingling noise 2003 mountaineer

Did you ever figure out what's making the noise in the video? I have an 03 4.6 that makes the same sound.
  9. O

power adjustable pedals not working

I got the gas pedal to move after pulling the cable off the brake pedal and then reconnecting it. They both move father but the brake pedal definitely has an issue like it's missing a tooth or something. The gas pedal will move without issue now. I assume that means I need the AL2Z-2455-A kit...
  10. O

I'll try the test out tomorrow. It's an '03 Explorer Centennial. I'll have to get the VIN at that time. Is there a specific process to re-sync the pedals?
  11. O

Sorry to bring this back from the dead but there's not many threads about this issue. I just picked up an '03 Centennial edition and the pedals move back and forth an inch or so and that's it. My wife is pretty short so we would like to be able to take advantage of the memory seats. Plus, the...
  12. O

Rough idle/loss of power

Yes, the driver's side.
  13. O

Rough idle/loss of power

Here's what it looks like. Sorry about the size it was the only one I could find on the net.
  14. O

Rough idle/loss of power

I'm referring to the fuel pressure testing kit (Evertough p/n 67091) that I borrowed from O'Reilly's. I'm positive that had nothing to do with because the fitting was so big that it just slid right over the schrader valve. Plus, it looks like the fire started on the left side of the vehicle.
  15. O

Rough idle/loss of power

Not sure. I has all dirty after changing the LH o2 sensor so I had my wife take it for a test drive. It ran fine (other than the CEL coming on) and we noticed smoke coming out from under the hood and LH fender. I couldn't get the hood open and using the fire extinguisher through the wheelwell...
Back