Recent content by OneofMany | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Recent content by OneofMany

1. O

Where to find an air intake hose?

I wonder if one crafty doode could diy one using fuel hose for the center flattened section and universal end couplers and elbows. I just today discovered major leaks in my intake hose. Given the dusty conditions, I have to find a permanent solution not tape ang silicone.
  2. O

Cranks, starts, dies.

Find a diagnostic tree for the 556 code
  3. O

Cranks, starts, dies.

Sounds like a textbook IAC problem but if the fuel pressure is too low, it will do the same thing. If it is the IAC or the control circuit, pressing the throttle while cranking should stop it dieing when you let off the starter. You may need to check injectors and fuel filter to be sure the...
  4. O

A/c mode door cable issues.

I have an issue with the cable that goes between the climate control panel and the blower box. The cable will stick and bend instead of moving the door. Net effect is that the air does not come out of the proper vents. I have disconnected the cable and verified the smooth operation at the blower...
  5. O

Best gen Explorer??

When I shopped for one, I specifically looked for a 94 because the earlier years had r12 refrigerant in the a/c from factory and conversion is always an issue and the later years did not have a solid axle front end. When paired with manual locking hubs, the solid axle is unbeatable at doing...
  6. O

Rides like new again! :D

Nice work! I love the little brush guard. I'm a little jelly actually. I go a lot of FS roads and often encounter debris...
  7. O

Funny Blower motor issues.

For years it would not work on 3, so I finally swapped in a new resistor pack, Then it would now work on 2. I think that's how it was... Well now, It only works on 1 and 4, but a lot of times it keeps running when in the off position, unless I switch to 1 and back off... the switch itself does...
  8. O

How do i remove a radiator on my 1993 Ford Explorer ?

I don't believe I removed my fan to swap radiators. It was pretty easy. I believe I just removed the shroud and pulled the radiator out.
  9. O

Solved Odd drum brake failure. The adjuster fell out! WHY?

Test drive went very well. I backed up, stopped a few times to let the self adjusters do the fine tuning. Parking brake gets tight about halfway down. I can just assume the failure was due to light rust causing shoes to stick. No more setting the parking brake overnight after driving in rain or...
  10. O

The drum was new last time. One thing that occurred to me is to check if the adjuster may have been swapped from the other side. They are threaded opposite, so in theory the brake adjuster may have been loosening instead of tightening, but I can still read 'R' on the old one. It is a mystery...
  11. O

Maybe the failure is simply due to 285k miles on a vehicle tortured by gravel roads.It's not the first time something fell off, LOL
  12. O

I feel silly, I have done hundreds of drum brakes, but somehow I always manage to screw up my own equipment, LOL Yellow spring on top from anchor pin to rear (secondary) shoe through adjuster cable guide. Green spring on top from anchor pin to primary shoe. blue spring on bottom from primary...
  13. O

Just one side failed. The locating pins are in position. The cause for me having to redo the rears 6 months ago was due to a locating pin shearing off. I attributed that to sticking brakes- rust after going through the creek.
  14. O

Hey guys, I did my rear brakes 6 months ago and had a sudden failure the other day. The brake pedal dropped way down when trying to stop and there was an odd noise in the rear brakes. I found that the adjuster had completely fallen out of its spot and was just tumbling around where it could. I...
  15. O

No power, Sputters,

It definitely sounds like you have a fuel system issue. Hard to diagnose anything without connecting a fuel pressure gauge.
Back