Recent content by orangshagrug | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Recent content by orangshagrug

1. O

Tri-coat White 2017 Explorer / re-painted

Thank you all. I am going to go back with what you have all said and I have learned some things so I have something to add to the conversation with the shop owner and that's why I posted here. I greatly appreciate your time and effort, replying to me. Have a great weekend all. Craig
  2. O

Thanks for all the help guys. I know this is difficult to convey via piks but it is so frustrating. First, someone hits my Explorer in a parking lot and leaves no note. Then, I don't know if it's painted correctly. Oh well, not life and death by any means. Here are some more pictures that...
  3. O

Thanks for the quick replies guys. Interesting comments! I took another picture with a different element of lighting. Here it is here. Just wanted some feedback before I take it up with the body shop which ... has a stellar reputation so if they made a mistake, I am confident he would fix it.
  4. O

Hi, I had $2000 damage to my rear left quarter panel and just got the vehicle back from the auto-body shop. I took a look at the repair when my wife brought the Explorer home and I thought that it looked too white where they painted the quarter panel. Now, maybe I just didn't notice the...
  5. O

How to get real-time traffice updates in Naviation (2017)

Thanks all. Very helpful and sorry for the lateness of this reply.
  6. O

How to get real-time traffice updates in Naviation (2017)

Hi, I know this is a newb question and I have searched the site but still don't know the answer. I received a 6 month trial of Sirius XM with my new 2017 Explorer and I visited their site and can add navigation for 6.99 a month but does Ford not offer a similar program? Do I have to go through...
  7. O

First Oil Change And Octane of Choice

Hey Forum, Have a new 2017 XLT Explorer and the dealership states to have the oil changed at 8000km or 6 months. I have always been of the opinion that you change the oil at around 1000km first off and then go to every 5000km. Thoughts? Should I be following the dealer's advice on this? Also...
  8. O

Protection of Suede Seats?

That is very interesting. Thanks for the idea. Craig
  9. O

Protection of Suede Seats?

Hey Guys, Just picked up the Explorer XLT with the Appearance Package which has suede accents through the vehicle and partial leather and suede seats. Just wondering what you might do to protect the suede and for that matter the leather? I used Scotch Guard on cloth seats previously but am...
  10. O

Suede Seat Inserts

Another question if you care to respond. The Explorer I just bought has leather and Suede seats. The suede is also accenting the door trim. What should I do with regards to sealing them or treating them so they don't show spillage from food and drink. Thanks Craig
  11. O

Brand new Explorer / Rust on Rotors

Thanks to all that replied. I feel much better now. Again, a great forum I have stumbled upon. Take Care, Craig
  12. O

Brand new Explorer / Rust on Rotors

Hey Guys, Second thread started by me...should have included this question in my earlier post about break-in periods for new vehicles. Sorry about that. Anyways, I am picking up a new 2017 Explorer this week and I saw it in the dealer parking lot over the weekend. It has what looks to be rust...
  13. O

Break-In Period Required ?

Thanks for the warm welcome Peter and for the link to the manual. Cheers Craig
Back