Recent content by outatime | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Recent content by outatime

1. O

Still can't gas, replaced everything I can think of!

Hi All, this is a last ditch effort to see if anyone can help me I have a 2007 4.6 Ltd , I still can't gas the truck up without it taking about 30mins or if I unplug the purge valve line from the tank it gases up perfectly. The problem is with the EVAP system somewhere, when gas goes in there...
  2. O

Kink in filler hose, replacement options?

Thank you for that, I guess I am going to have to remove or cut a piece off the old one to figure out the size as I can't find much online, anyone here know please?
  3. O

Kink in filler hose, replacement options?

Hey all, so I think I have a kink in my fuel filler hose, I need the part from the tank that goes to a plastic fitting before it reaches the filler cap area. It appears to be this part 7A2Z-9047-A but its like $260 for a bit of pipe. Does anyone know of a cheaper replacement, can't find a...
  4. O

Can't fill gas tank! Update

Thank you sir, sorry I pressed submit before I finished the post. It was ok at the time of dropping the tank but I can check it again.
  5. O

Can't fill gas tank! Update

Hi All Still not able to fill more than a gallon without it shooting back up at me, Its not the purge valve! I found it opening/sucking and purchased a AUTEL Scanner to manually open it so its not pcm/electical that I can see, its good which now puts me back to trying to find what's blocking...
  6. O

Won't gas, error codes and suction from the gas tank!

Thank you sir I really appricate the reply, when I checked the valve over the weekend I was getting ground on both wires. I put my meter to the postive on the battery and was getting a voltage when I put it on each wire and a short across both wires. I bought a Forscan tool and hooked it up...
  7. O

PCM change /keys?

Hey all So I have a bad PCM on my 2007 Ltd 4.6ltr , anyone here changed it out before? I have ordered a new matching one but I am a little confused about the key situation. I have both original keys and it seems the passive anti theft (pats) needs to be reprogrammed on the new PCM. I have...
  8. O

Purge Valve not opening ?

Hello again, so narrowed my issue with my gas tank vapor trap down to a purge valve not opening in my 2007 Ford Sporttrac v8, I have replaced the valve and put my meter on it and I am getting 12v on it on both wires to the valve but it would appear to be the negative side, when I put my meter...
  9. O

I do wonder if a mouse or something chewed on a wire when it say for 2 years outside as I am in the country. So I have 12v to the coil with the engine running , your saying one of those two 12v wires going to the coil grounds out via the PCM that allows it to vent/open the valve? I will...
  10. O

Thank you, yeah its something in that area isn't it? I checked it running and I am getting 12v to the purge valve. I maybe over thinking this but I put 12v direct to the battery on the purge valve just to test it and I could hear it click open but when I connect it directly to the engine even...
  11. O

Hi All Trying again to fix my Dad's sport track 2007 Ltd v8 so my Mom has a car to use and although it drives I don't feel safe her using it till I can get to the bottom of this. We replaced the fuel pump after it sat for a couple of years but soon as we did there was a air suction coming from...
  12. O

Purge valve issue!

Anyone? Getting power to the purge valve but it doesn't seem to open .
  13. O

Purge valve issue!

Hi, just to add to this post, went back out and plugged the purge valve back in, checked voltage to the valve 13v, engine side line getting suction, plugged back into valve and no suction on bottom of valve that would suck from the tank canister. Does this mean a bad valve?
  14. O

Purge valve issue!

Hi Guys Need a little help please, had a issue with not being able to gas the tank (max 1g at the pump) and getting gas vapor when opening the gas cap and changed a bunch of things inc the vapor canisters and purge valve but I just opened the purge valve under the hood and getting the hissing...
Back