Recent content by Paul N. | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Recent content by Paul N.

1. Paul N.

OEM parts vendors - best low cost sources?

For OEM parts, I've used Silver State Ford (www.silverstatefordparts.com) which gives a pretty good discount for online orders.
  2. Paul N.

2008 Explorer - HVAC fan won't turn off

Just had the same problem with my 2006 EB - started it up today and the fan was on high with no way to change it. I ordered the control module through Silver State Ford Parts and saved about $50 from what my local dealer would charge. Hopefully this does the trick - hate to pay the dealer to...
  3. Paul N.

Parting Out 95 EB 4.0 4X4 Virginia

I'd be interested in the rear axle from the '95 if you still have it. Do you know what the gear ratio is and if it's an open carrier or limited slip? thanks, Paul
  4. Paul N.

1994 Explorer XLT 4x4

Looks great. I'm interested - PM sent...
  5. Paul N.

Brian1

Another satisfied customer... I ordered a set of u-bolt skid plates and a front diff guard from Brian. He shipped them the next day and they arrived in great shape. A quick, trouble free transaction with great communication along the way. I couldn't be happier - great design...
  6. Paul N.

For Sale Front Diff Guard for TTB

This arrived last night along with a set of the u-bolt skid plates - a great Christmas present for my Explorer! These things are heavy duty, well designed, and the quality of fabrication is great. I'm looking forward to getting them installed and testing them out...
  7. Paul N.

For Sale Front Diff Guard for TTB

Looks like a nice piece of gear and quality work. If you still have one left, I'll take it. Also interested in your U-bolt / Shock skid-plates. PM sent...
  8. Paul N.

08 4.6 misses under slight (OD) load. no codes.

Good post - I'm having the same problems with my wife's 2006 EB V8 and about 75,000 miles. It "stumbles" in the 40-60 mph range when applying light throttle - problem is intermittent with no particular pattern. Local shop found no codes - recommended fuel injector cleaner first time...
  9. Paul N.

George Washington National Forest June 2009 Run

Sounds good. I'll meet you at Zions Crossroads at 1000. I'll check the site in the morning - let me know if anything changes. My cell is 540-273-7232 Paul
  10. Paul N.

Okay, got the truck back and every thing looks good, so I'm in if you guys are still going. I'll be coming from Fredericksburg - don't recall where I met up with Fishfood last time, but if the plan is to head out 64W, I'll probably come down Rte 15. Let me know what time and where...
  11. Paul N.

Looks like my schedule is clear, but I did some work on the front end and need to see if I can get it aligned tomorrow. It's close enough for around town, but not ready for a trip. I'll let you know by Friday afternoon if I'm in and then can figure out a place to meet. thanks!
  12. Paul N.

I'll check the bus schedule (the wife and I driving the kids around) and let you know. I'm free, but I have one that just started marching band practice and another one with cross country practices, so need to see what the weekend has in store for us...
  13. Paul N.

No, still haven't found time for either of those projects. I'd like to get the rear locker installed, but having the quick lock up front makes a huge difference. I was able keep up with some well built Jeeps, which is always fun!
  14. Paul N.

No worries. Keep me posted - the rest of August looks clear. I made a trip to Gore, VA with another club a few weeks ago and gave the Ex a good work out. It was the best wheelin' I've done in awhile and the truck did great - only a few scratches and a cut tire...
  15. Paul N.

Yeah - it doesn't seem like it was that long ago, though! It looks like my schedule is clear for the next couple of weekends, so let me know what works best.
Back