Recent content by pet575 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Recent content by pet575

1. P

Another farewell....Peace-Out to my 2004 Limited V8 AWD

Well, as set forth in my other thread about "killing my explorer" my engine locked up at 260K: http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=427683 Moving on to bigger things I guess. I got 260K out of it and it was still the original transmission and rear end (had pinion ring...
  2. P

Did I kill my Explorer???

Well I got my diagnosis, er, death sentence. Engine is locked up. Mechanic couldn't get crankshaft to move at all. Pulled off front cover and timing chain guides were almost completely broken off and gone. Mechanic agreed that it is likely that the fragments of the guide blocked oil...
  3. P

Help! I made a big mistake i think

jmadams, I'm proposing the fluid level being an issue for 2 reasons: (1) I did a little work on mine and when I refilled it I followed the instructions to a T and it shifted well enough to drive but not that great when I first drove it afterward. Drove it for a few days and knew it just...
  4. P

Not necessarily. He said "new for me."
  5. P

2004 Mountaineer O/D light flashing

So flashing light but absolutely no change in performance? Are you sure that the Tourque Converter is locking?
  6. P

Absolutely sure that the fluid level is correct? These things are extremely picky if not filled properly.
  7. P

Did I kill my Explorer???

Last night I was pulling my little fishing boat home. About 1/2 way through a 50 minute drive, my Low Oil Pressure warning came on in my message center, the needle gauge bottomed out, and the Hi Temp Low Oil light came on. Then it corrected itself within a few seconds, then it returned...
  8. P

Temp guage rises when i'm using a/c

Have you tested the fan clutch to make sure it is still good?
  9. P

Rear emergency brake pad material separating from shoe

They're a crappy set of shoes as it is. Once they separate, they often stick inside the drum portion of the rotor by centrifugal force. You'll hear them clacking at very low speeds until the force sucks them away from the assembly.
  10. P

left front wheel shake

Or a bad ball joint.
  11. P

2005 Wheel Bearing noise, but not the bearing...

Good luck. I'd be pretty surprised if that doesn't clear up the noise and vibration. Just doesn't sound like a diff problem to me. My front diff went bad and it was nothing like a wheel bearing in sound/symptoms.
  12. P

Several issues, resevior tank, and bad oil leak NEED OPINION AND HELP. Please

If you are talking about the gasket for the oil filter housing, any aftermarket auto parts store will have the right one. I've done this job, it is a 4 on a scale from 1-10. Biggest skill it requires is patience since it can be a little tricky to get to the bolts. Don't require any specialty...
  13. P

mysterious transmission leak

It is cold in Orlando in April?
  14. P

04 mountaineer 4.6 AWD charging system issue on a 2 hour drive

I'm on my 3rd alternator on my vehicle. 2nd one took my battery with it when it failed because it cooked it. Check it out carefully ASAP before it costs you more than the alternator. I'm betting there is a short somewhere in the system, either the alternator shorting out or a short in a cable...
  15. P

2005 Wheel Bearing noise, but not the bearing...

Bearing will not necessarily have play in it even if it is bad. I just replaced my passenger side bearing a few weeks back. The noise sounded like it was the driver's side and it went away when I turned left. Both of those things told me it was driver's. However, I had just replaced the...
Back