Recent content by peterk9 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Recent content by peterk9

1. peterk9

Remote features disabled

The battery saver program should have turned OFF any lights that were left ON. Do you recall which light it was? Peter
  2. peterk9

2018 explorer Small leak

Welcome to the Forum. :wave: When the coolant mixes with the oil, it should become visible on the dipstick as a sort of 'milky' colour. There is also a weephole that allows coolant to escape, but I don't think that always happens. Peter
  3. peterk9

Non-working USB port

Did you check the fuses? You won't find one listed for "Cigarette lighter" since they are called 'power points' or 'outlets'. ;) Peter
  4. peterk9

Damage to passenger front and rear doors

Welcome to the Forum. :wave: I'm not a body repair person but I doubt that kind of damage would be considered a total loss. I would think a body repair shop should be able to repair it but can't say for sure. Take it into one of your choice and see what they say. I'm guessing his insurance will...
  5. peterk9

Popping/grinding in steering when turning

^^ Welcome to the Forum. :wave: Peter
  6. peterk9

Strange noises when off

Welcome to the Forum. :wave: This is normal for the 6th gen. My previous 2020 Aviator and current 2023 do the same thing. Other 6th gen owners have noticed the same thing. There is nothing for the dealer to do. Peter
  7. peterk9

DRL settings

Welcome to the Forum. :wave: I find it odd that the DRL was not working initially, especially with it being a European model. I had a 2017 Explorer Platinum and had all the lights you mentioned were working as they should. I don't use FORScan so I am not able to help but I'm sure some other...
  8. peterk9

Admin Console Swap

I think that the question is for member Dfab. Peter
  9. peterk9

Sync 3 - No GPS or AM/FM Radio ?

Welcome to the Forum. :wave: You may not get a response from Lou as he was last seen here on Feb. 23, 2023. This thread may help. GPSM and APIM testing - Nav issues Just FYI, Original 2014-2018 Ford Module EA5Z-14D212-DA | Levittown Ford Parts Peter
  10. peterk9

Seeking advice on possible purchase

Welcome to the Forum. :wave: I'm guessing that the paint issue on the hood is on the front edge. That is a known issue. The hood is aluminum. List of Useful Threads - Hood Paint bubble issue only The 5th gen has an internal water pump which can cause issues if it leaks and is not caught in...
  11. peterk9

Turbo boost sensor

Just wanted to say, Welcome to the Forum. :wave: Maybe this will help. ford p0299 fault code - Google Search Peter
  12. peterk9

Admin Console Swap

Welcome to the Forum. :wave: Peter
  13. peterk9

Explorer Sport purge valve location?

Welcome to the Forum. :wave: Peter
  14. peterk9

HELP NEEDED - Fuel Injection Cleaning Using Fuel Injection Cleaning Tool

Welcome to the Forum. :wave: Unfortunately, I have no experience with what you attempting to do but perhaps others may. How many miles are on the vehicle? Peter
  15. peterk9

Front Impact Beam Questions (the real bumper)

The threaded receptacle is for the tow hook. https://www.explorerforum.com/forums/threads/front-recovery-hooks-for-4wd-plastic-bumper-cap.310170/post-3309913 Peter
Back