Recent content by Phantom | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Recent content by Phantom

1. P

2015 trans mount replacement, rubber or hydraulic?

Correct in the engine mount but the trans can be had in original rubber or “updated” hydraulic. Just looking for opinions.
  2. P

2015 trans mount replacement, rubber or hydraulic?

Wondering what everyone was using as I find both a rubber 1st design and a hydraulic 2nd transmission mount option. I am assuming the hydraulic one is supposed to be an upgrade but looking for anyone who is actually used one or do you recommend I stick with the rubber 1st design? I just can’t...
  3. P

Metal water pump, gasket opinions

I am in the process of replacing the water pump and it was the original with the Ford metal gasket. I’m wondering if anyone has had any issues with leaks using a new metal gasket, is there a different torque spec when using a metal gasket, and if so, what is the FSM show the torque spec to b...
  4. P

A/C clutch air gap & bolt torque spec

Anyone happen to have these specs? If it matters, 2015 with rear air. Thanks.
  5. P

Intermittent transmission gear loss - Help!

2007 4.0 with 5r55s trans The issue I have is that randomly I will lose gear while in Drive. Most times this happens while driving along and a couple times only after coming to a complete stop. Sometimes I can put it in neutral and then back in Drive and will regain it. Other times this does not...
  6. P

Weird clunk?

Digging up an old post but did you ever resolve your issue? I am having the exact same on my 07 with clunking in reverse after warm, intermittently. Thanks.
  7. P

Compatible Front Differentials

Hey, not trying to hijack the thread but what Ford vehicles share the same rear carrier as the Gen 2? Mine is a 2007 with an open differential and figured it would be cheaper to swap it out as a unit rather than buying a new Trac-lock and rebuild. Thanks.
  8. P

Running rich - questions...

Engine is running rich as you can smell it from the exhaust. There is no check engine light or stored codes. It runs just fine with only the very slightest of stumble on idle. So I am wondering could it be bad O2 sensors while still not throwing an error code? Could it perhaps be an injector(s)...
  9. P

Differential Replacement Question

No, not yet. No one ever answered and I haven’t made time to get in to it. If you figure it out, please let me know. Thanks.
  10. P

Need door latch assembly help...

So after opening the door, the latch drops down and keeps the door from closing as it just smacks against the striker. I can move the latch up with my finger and it will then close properly. Having never pulled one out of the door before, can this latch assembly be fixed (like a spring or...
  11. P

Gen 2 Sport Trac unpainted passenger side fender flare

Yes sir I do. I just realized I never stated that I needed the front.
  12. P

Gen 2 Sport Trac unpainted passenger side fender flare

Need excellent condition OE unpainted, black textured, passenger side fender flare. Thanks.
  13. P

Pop & Lock Tailgate Lock Installation Help!

Copy that. I bought a computer safe circuit tester so should be easy enough now. Thanks again for the information.
Back