Recent content by Phil DeVtec | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Recent content by Phil DeVtec

1. P

What did you do to your 5th Gen?

Those PowerStops look ok, but they're so tiny. Maybe with OEM wheels, it won't look as lost? Is there a BBK for the Explorer? Definitely a better option for aftermarket wheels.
  2. P

Window Tinting

The way I see it is, no one goes to jail for tinted windows. Just tint the windows and pay the fine(s) when applicable. Not a big deal. Just looks so much better tint-matched all around (not including windshield).
  3. P

New member deciding on 2018 Explorer or waiting on 2019

Definitely a pearlized white. It looks good. Heck of a lot better than your average (flat) white.
  4. P

Ford explorer to keep or sell ...

Seems like a lot of miles for a third car that gets used very little. But I agree, sounds like a deal killer.
  5. P

Will a Queen Size Mattress fit?

You can rent a van/U-Haul for less than $100...not a lot of money for peace of mind.
  6. P

Modify AWD programming?

If you're not quite following, then there's really no sense in explaining, as you'll never get it. FWD is a completely different feeling than a RWD, and you should know that since you've owned plenty of RWD cars. I like the feeling of the car being "pushed" instead of being "pulled"...about as...
  7. P

Modify AWD programming?

I would agree, I think that is the only part of the Explorer I can't get used to. As a matter of fact, it is the main reason I can't enjoy driving this car (I should have test driven this car). I really hope somebody figures this out. It would be amazing if it shifted RWD.
  8. P

Should I buy an Explorer Sport?

I used to do it all the time too! The 35d is AWESOME! So much torgue, especially after I chipped it. I actually use it to tow my boat more than I use the Sierra.
  9. P

Hi everyone! How to get best price on new Explorer?

Thanks, I'll let you know. I'm trying to work a deal on one now, then I'll throw this in.
  10. P

Rust!

I agree...time to move on from this car. Totally agree, that the Explorer is NOT the kind of car you dump money (for repairs) into.
  11. P

Hi everyone! How to get best price on new Explorer?

Don, I may need you. I've come to realize that the Explorer is too small. I'm most likely going to upgrade to the '18 Expedition. Let me know if you'd be able to extend that deal on to me.
  12. P

Actually not "a true 5.0", the X5 50i is a 4.4L V8, but it IS a true monster to drive. I had a chipped '15 50i with MPPK and it was an absolute BLAST to drive. Unfortunately, my MPG at that point was worse than my 6.2L Sierra.
  13. P

WBM95: Walk away...172k is a TON of miles. Not really sure why you would consider a 5 year old car with 172k miles, but that's crazy high (even with "maintenance" records). Sounds like the guy who owned this Explorer before you got this car to BEAT on it as a daily, which he did. Same reason...
  14. P

Highway Fuel Economy worse than City?

Honestly, the Explorer has proven to be no better than my Sierra 6.2L GUZZLER! Only reason I got the Explorer is because it's easier to park in the city/parking garages.
Back