Recent content by PSUHammer | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Recent content by PSUHammer

1. P

Upgrading 2016 Explorer to Sync 3 - FORScan questions

Thank you!!!! Mine was set to 0200 0800 00E5. I changed it to 0300 8800 00E5 and I now have the overlay!! The list of codes and their meanings do not clearly call out these few variables for 7D0-02-02.
  2. P

My neighbor works for the dealership where I bought my car. Their official stance is that you can't upgrade it but the techs were cheering me on unofficially. It was pretty easy as the 2016 and 2017 Explorers are practically the same car. I just got a highly rated OBDII Bluetooth adapter off...
  3. P

SYNC 3 latest version

It probably works over WiFi for most but in my specific instance, I updated a 2016 Explorer from MFT to Sync 3. Ford doesn't recognize my vehicle as WiFi upgradeable and I have to use USB.
  4. P

SYNC 3 latest version

Updated to 3.0 over USB last night. Went quick and flawless. Took about 15-20 mins. Don't notice anything new other than a new Sirius logo.
  5. P

SYNC 3 latest version

Yes, I agree. My issue is I see that graphic when I am too close to something up front, but it doesn't work for reverse. I hear the audible beeps just fine (they speed up the closer you get) but that small graphic overlay in Peter's upper right camera shot does not show up in mine. I only see...
  6. P

SYNC 3 latest version

So, I get the camera as in your pic. The info graphic in the upper right doesn't trigger though. Thought it might be a setting in the APIM I missed.
  7. P

SYNC 3 latest version

Here is the overlay if I am getting close to my front bumper:
  8. P

SYNC 3 latest version

Recently upgraded a 2016 Explorer to Sync 3 and updated to version 2.3. Everything works great except one feature. Previously on MFT, when I went in reverse, my rear sensors would display a top down graphic of the car on the touchscreen showing which part of my bumper was close to an object...
  9. P

Ford Sync (not Sync 3) software update will not recognize USB drive

It took using a new 32gb USB3.0 drive. Going to run with v2.3 for a while before attempting the latest.
  10. P

Got my 32gb USB3 thumb drive today. Will test!
  11. P

I tried exFAT and FAT32. I believe my specific issue is that my USB drives are old, small and slow.
  12. P

I just upgraded my MFT Sync 2 in my 2016 Explorer to Sync 3 w/ v2.2. I have downloaded 2.3 to a FAT32 formatted USB and the system doesn't recognize it. My USB drive is older so I am buying a new 64gb USB 3.0 model to try the update again. Will keep everyone posted on success.
  13. P

I was able to get the 2.3 download by adding a 2017 XLT vin to my account. Then the update prompted for download. Thanks!
  14. P

Yeah, I am looking for the files for USB, now. Any help would be appreciated!!
  15. P

So, just went through an upgrade. All in parts cost was $425. I used the 4Dtech how to videos for physical assembly and had a bluetooth OBDII adapter and Forscan. Took a VIN from a 2017 similar asbuilt model to mimic the programming. Everything is golden, including steering heat and rear...
Back