Recent content by PUR PONY | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Recent content by PUR PONY

1. P

Pic Request- Your Explorer Towing

you sure thats not a 8 ft wide trailer?
  2. P

4th Gen Explorer Pictures

I agree- i cant stand the screens they are putting in new vehicles and i hate how most new vehicles rely on a cell phone for nav and music. I like things built in. I did replace my factory nav with a larger screen and went as large as possible but still looks factory. Its an 8" so its the same...
  3. P

4th Gen Explorer Pictures

They are Sport Trac Adrenalin headlight housing that i retrofitted with MoriMoto Mini D2S 5.0 HID projectors.
  4. P

Gen4 Fabtech steering dual damper mode

i have never seen steering dampers used on IFS (but honestly have never looked)..... what year f-150 did you order the fabtech damper for? Dampers are mostly used on Solid Axle vehicles. You have other problems and a steering damper is not going to fix it. Id have another look under your truck...
  5. P

Aftermarket taillights on 4th gen?

no problem. Any other questions let me know.
  6. P

17x8.5 Method Racing 301 wheels with 0 offset. Custom powdercoated flat dark bronze. Tires are 275x70x17 Falken Wildpeak AT3w's. 3" Supreme Suspension strut spacer lift with BTF a-arms. Hopfully adding a 1.25" body lift shortly.
  7. P

Longer struts to lift 4th Gen - Expedition?

i was not looking to stack a 3" strut spacer on a longer strut.... i was looking to use a longer strut and eliminate the spacer, or run a shorter spacer and longer strut to maintain the 3" overall lift. I was just honestly wondering if anyone did in fact use a longer strut (other then a Rancho)...
  8. P

upper arm uniball joint

a 255x70x18 should fit fine with the 3" BTF lift. Looking at the specs on that size, they are just about the same height as mine, however they are slightly narrower. a 255x70x18 has a Section width of 10.2" and tread of 8.4" and a height of 32.1 my 275x70x17 has a Section width of 10.9"...
  9. P

upper arm uniball joint

With my current setup i have ZERO rubbing. A lot of fitment has to do with wheel offset and width of the tire. Are you looking to keep the factory 18" wheels? If so you will more then likely need a wheel spacer to move the wheel out for the wider tire to clear the a-arm/ spring. Or are you...
  10. P

Currently Run a 3" strut spacer lift and BTF arms- I was just wondering about longer struts as a possible upgrade in the future as im still using the original struts since they only had 70k miles on them when i installed the lift.
  11. P

upper arm uniball joint

Im sure there are other companys that COULD make upper control arms, but the truth is, there is VERY little money it in. The number of us buying these aftermarket arms is tiny. Thankfully Brendon stepped up to the plate and invested time and money into making these for us!!! I run a 3" lift...
  12. P

Looking for a snorkel kit for 2006 4.6V8

https://www.explorerforum.com/forums/threads/explorer-4-6-2007-snorkel-upgrade.489468/
  13. P

sorry for the late response on this.... this is the way i did the wiring. I went to the junkyard and cut 2 02-05 backup light sockets off a junker. then i ordered 2 T10 or 194 MALE plugs. Soldered them together to make it all plug and play. This is all you have to do. The top plug on the 06-10...
  14. P

Anyone know of anything longer then factory struts to lift a 4th Gen. I know the Rancho Quicklifts are out there (but from my understanding have been discontinued). Theres a couple keyboard warriors on facebook that keep saying factory Expedition struts are longer and a direct bolt into to a...
Back