rabbit91 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

R
Reaction score

• Hi there! Was wondering if you succeeded in mounting the F150 tank in your Ex? I’be been searching forever for an extended range fuel tank. Have seen the post on the Bronco II tank, but I prefer not to move the shock mounts...

Thanks!
    R
    rabbit91
    Hey! Not yet actually but I have a trip coming up this year that I need to have the spare tank for so it will be happening
    Reactions: OSUChE
    OSUChE
    OSUChE
    Thanks for the update
    I’m still trying to figure out how to handle the install. Are you certain about the F-150 tank? Looks like a pretty tight fit. I called an Australian outfit, still waiting to hear back from them. When I was in Alice Springs this past Dec, I stopped in at ARB and they weren’t able to locate a supplier for me...all the rigs there have auxiliary tanks. So looks like we’re on our own...
    R
    rabbit91
    After measuring the other day it looks like it won’t fit. I’m probably going to buy a new tank and get a shop to modify it, I think I’ll have to push the shocks forward and clearance the tank near the shackles
    Reactions: OSUChE
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
City, State
Surrey
Year, Model & Trim Level
2000 LIMITED V8 SAS 35s
Vehicle Specs
YES
Engine
5.0L
Year
Transmission
4R70W
Transfer Case
BW4406
Front Axle
JK Rubicon Dana 44
Rear Axle
Ford 31 spline 8.8
Lighting
Mostly LEDS
Tires
35" Cooper STT Pros
Wheels
16x8 Black Steelies
Communications
VHF, garmin inreach
Accessories
Too much overland ****

Signature

Brad
2000 Limited V8 - SAS'd Dana 44, locked, front chromos, 4.88s, Sliders, 35s, Winch, Bumpers, BW4406, dual batteries, aux fuel tank
Back