Recent content by reddi | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Recent content by reddi

1. R

Rick, I believe I have renewed as a vender in error. I wanted to renew as a $20.00 member NOT...

Rick, I believe I have renewed as a vender in error. I wanted to renew as a $20.00 member NOT AS A $100.00 Vendor. This was at approx. 10:30 AM today. Please cancel and/or credit that. I am Frank Reddington of Gold Canyon,AZ reddigreen. I will then renew as a member, Thank You
  2. R

Slowly Going Away

I see plenty of gen 2 and a few 1's here in Arizona. My 96 4x4 xlt tan with tan leather is going strong (well maybe) 174K on the clock and going for 200k. At 81 I might go before it does.
  3. R

Rough Idle after Gasket Change

Found my problem after I took it apart again. It was an electric terminal on one of the fuel injectors. Seems someone before me had broken the retainer clip and it fell off during my reassembly. Fixed it and it runs strong now.
  4. R

Flashing 4x4 lights, no interior lights or windows

Mine was the GEM. Swapped relays, checked for broken wires. In desperation found a GEM on EBAY with matching numbers and problem solved. Best $35.00 investment I could have made.
  5. R

Solved 4x4 High Low Light Keeps Blinking....

I also had the flashing 4x4 lights along with power window gremlins in my 96 exp 4x4 xlt 4.0 ohv. After disconnecting the negitive battery cable several times to no avail. Spent hours checking for broken wires, changing fuses and the 3 relays, I found a used GEM on ebay. It had matching numbers...
  6. R

99 explorer sport Front upper control arms

Having looked at my "96" in daylight I do see issues with lines and the shock tower. I stand corrected.
  7. R

99 explorer sport Front upper control arms

Unless the Sport differs from the Ranger,Explorer front end go to 1A Auto. They have a great video.
Back