Recent content by reserved50 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Recent content by reserved50

1. R

Sport EcoBoost 3.5L Tuning

the wheels just spin, maybe if you were to put 4 racing tires on at the track you might snap something due to too much traction after quite a while of abuse. This is assuming you floor it everywhere you go. If you were to modify your Explorer to the extent you need fuel upgrades and have added...
  2. R

Turbo Failure Again

that's strange, if oil pressure is getting to the turbo so the shaft doesn't seize and the vacuum hose to the wastegate is not leaking so it isn't over revving it would be a bad turbo, but having so many failures is rare. You woudnt be able to open it to do an inspection incase they say you have...
  3. R

2020 Explorer

is that a honda civic or accord interior:laugh:
  4. R

new JLT Oil Separator

I tried a few different ideas, even using an air compressor oil/water separator, didn't collect much attached in series to the factory rear separator on the valve cover, factory appears to be a good design as the oil puddling drains back into the valve cover. The front valve cover has a mini K&N...
  5. R

Remote Start / Entry Antenna Location

I used an extended meant for the F150 on the older model Explorer, previous to the 2018s. As I mentioned it wasn't a night and day difference to me. It plugged right into the TPMS module once the back of the center console was removed. Maybe the 2018 might work on older models but I have no...
  6. R

2011 Cranks and Clunks

remove all the plugs and blow the plugs out and cylinders for a few minutes each with compressed air. Original issue might be bad injector, if a cylinder is flooded you can bend parts really quickly when cranking.
  7. R

2011 Cranks and Clunks

dead cell in battery etc, not charging
  8. R

2020 Explorer

not sure if that's the final exhaust, but looks like it has two huge barrel sized mufflers with turndowns
  9. R

2020 Explorer

cant complain it looks like a Range Rover anymore, front end looks like a Durangos.? or some dodge
  10. R

Differences Canada/US — Auto Lights

there a few different versions for the 2013 body style Built for U.S.A models do not have Daytime Running Lights enabled from factory Canadian models all have DRLs turned on, if you have HID headlights the DRLs are the front amber parking lamps If you have a Canadian model with regular halogen...
  11. R

Upper Radiator Hose Flat? *Pic*

it happens:dunno:, its not common to fail though
  12. R

Exchange CV boot

only "damage" to the inner would be if the boot wasn't clamped properly and might see a grease leak
  13. R

Exchange CV boot

always easier to remove the entire shaft if possible and work on it out of the vehicle. Trying to remove the outer joint in the vehicle might be tough if the outer joints snap ring wont budge. There are professional kits that allow you to cut the old boot off and stretch a special boot over the...
  14. R

Help! What is this hanging under my 2016 Explorer?

just wiggle it off, its looks like a heat shield for exhaust pipes
  15. R

'12 Explorer Limited vibration under acceleration

was it new or a refurbished axle? Only buy new axles in the future, used or repaired axles are hit and miss. mostly miss and will vibrate under acceleration because they didn't repair them properly.
Back