Recent content by resq302 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Recent content by resq302

1. R

2008 explorer engine just died, no start, no fuel pump

So, I've been working on my Captains wifes 2008 explorer with the V-6 and I got it to fire up and run for a few seconds today before it died and won't start again. I replaced the Fuel pressure sensor in the fuel rail (had received code P0191 before I started the repair) after I had to pull the...
  2. R

2008 explorer engine just died, no start, no fuel pump

So one of the cops I work with wifes 2008 explorer xlt with the 4.0 V-6 engine just had her engine die. The vehicle has 170,000 miles and she said it was driving along till it started sputtering and died. I went over to his house today to diagnose it as I work on cars on the side and found...
  3. R

Dual Climate Control problem, passenger side blows hot while on AC

Only issue I've had with it is the crappy design for the thermostat housing that started leaking. Its the V-6 model and I've heard issues with the timing chain tensioners / guides going bad but so far its been good to us. Oil changed every 3000 miles with conventional oil or 6,000 if I throw...
  4. R

Hi Ibrokedadscar, Do you have a part number or an estimated cost for it? Her car just turned 111,000 miles and it has been a great car for us since we've had it. Thanks, Brian
  5. R

My wifes 2008 Explorer Eddie Bauer edition with the auto temp and dual climate control recently had the pass side blowing out hot air even with the temp manually dropped down to coldest temp possible. The driver side has complete control with the temp but not matter what temp you set the pass...
  6. R

How to: Timing chain rattle resolution process - SOHC V6

The noise is not during start up but when driving between 2500-3000 Rpm's
  7. R

also, what is the purpose of the balance shaft chain / tensioner?
  8. R

Yes, her car has the automatic 4wd system (which I hate!). I wish it had a constant 2wd selector that you could put it in to disengage the front drive shaft and axle from spinning. Certainly would increase the mpgs that the car would get. Where would the balance shaft be and is it something...
  9. R

My wifes 2008 Explorer Eddie Bauer edition has the 4.0 V-6 engine and we have a similar noise to what CA stated up above in post 53. The engine is quiet when we start it up but when we give it gas, we notice the noise that sounds like marbles in a metal coffee can being shaken. The noise is...
  10. R

2006 remote start

Actually, the CodeAlarm is the one that was in my wifes car, yet it said Ford on the brain part of the system. So I don't know if it was a "dealer installed" remote start system or one from the factory. I'm kind of leaning towards the dealer installed as when I removed it to put it into my...
  11. R

2006 remote start

If you have the 4 button remote, try pressing the lock and then the blue button of the lower right button on the fob. That is how my wifes factory remote start works.
  12. R

growling noise with intermittent metal grinding noise in front end

Just wanted to come back and post the update. Monday I was able to change out the pass side front hub and the noise is gone. Thanks for everyone who helped with replies.
  13. R

Ok, so I went out and jacked up the front end on my wifes Explorer. I turned the wheels and heard nothing so I tried seeing if there was any play at the wheel. Nothing. Each wheel was nice and tight. So side to side and no up or down play. One thing I did notice was there was a little bit...
  14. R

My wifes 2008 Explorer Eddie Bauer 4x4 edition has been making a growling / howling noise in the front end recently. Today, it started making an intermittent metal on metal grinding noise when you turn the wheel to the left. It almost seems like the noise is on the right side. I've replaced...
  15. R

How To: 3rd Gen Rear Pinion Seal and Gear Oil Replacement

Thanks for this excellent write up. My wifes 08 Explorer has the same leak and I just noticed it. As luck would have it, we are leaving on Sat for a trip with about a three hour travel time. I'm hoping to have this done by the time we go as I'd hate to have an issue where we run the car for...
Back