Recent content by Reverend Greg | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Recent content by Reverend Greg

1. R

Thinking about buying this clutch anyone have any opinion

Spoke to one of the Engineers at work today. Do not use that clutch. You want an organic disk,with a sprung hub. If you feel like you need a heavier clutch,get the heavy duty pressure plate. But that one will be difficult to modulate, and judder like a fool until it gets warm. Greg
  2. R

Straight pipe suggestions

Summit racing Greg
  3. R

Where are you buying your exhaust parts?

Summit racing,but they are local to me. They ship of course. Greg
  4. R

Thinking about buying this clutch anyone have any opinion

By all means get the Luk clutch. The springs in the 6 puck are going to soften it a bit,but not much. Judder from the the get go I would suspect. But one thing I would recommend is to tap in your clutch before you install it. It's easy,take the dusk and lay it on the pressure plate,and tap it...
  5. R

Help needed with an exhaust question.

That's what I did...though it snow balled a bit. Twice. Greg
  6. R

If they are too rusted to remove,how are you going to tighten them? If they are rusted like that,you would have to cut the nuts off,run a die up on it,and replace them with new nuts and washers. That's what I tried,and I damaged the threads so bad that I had to remove the studs. That snow balled...
  7. R

As I remember they are pressed in. And I think it is 2 in the y pipe,and one in the cat. To make it seal again you may have to air chisel them off and replace them with bolts. Unless you want to replace all of it,with new stuff. I just had some flange laser cut at my old job and replaced...
  8. R

SPL build in progress

Oh man,that sucks! Sorry to hear it. I have had similar problems with my install,mourned transistors tho. I built my box too big,it's sealed,so my subs have too much excursion. And I put 6.5" coaxial in the doors and and they have vibrated the adapter plates loose. I glued them down with liquid...
  9. R

SPL build in progress

Dubbed for the payoff. Got to post a video and final spl . Greg
  10. R

First Aid kits in your rig.

My kit has the normal band aids and ibuprofen,but what I do have that I would say everyone should consider...small stainless steel needle nose pliers. Have you ever had a splinter that just was too deep? Large thorn,piece of steel or glass? I have,and now I make sure I can get it out,I have...
  11. R

Off Road Only Exhaust

I had a 2.5" glass pack on mine,it ran well.But I still had the cat on it. I have found though that my truck runs pretty good with a single 3" cat feeding into some 3" turbo muffler that dumps right in front of the right rear tire. I still have my old exhaust if you bring me a case of...
  12. R

Greetings from New Mexico, USA

Welcome! Do you have pics of the truck? Former resident of Rio Rancho NM here! Greg
  13. R

Get ready for laser headlights.

That is freaking sweet! The inherent problems with LEDs is durability. Being a fragile diode they burn out so fast if the voltage fluctuates,they are jostled too hard or the get too hot(number one cause). Laser diodes from what I understand have few of those problems, they are more durable...
  14. R

Prerunner/weekend toy Explorer

I concur this is a crap thread...you and your fancy fab skills and cool truck! You need to pm me so I can come take that pile to the junk yard for you. Just kidding, that's awesome. Greg
  15. R

Why did you buy your truck?

Cause I needed a vehicle and it was only $78 Greg
Back