Recent content by rez123 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Recent content by rez123

1. R

In desperate need for a RK112 one button fob

To my surprise I've found a linked PAIR on ebay uk for sale, exactly the same remote and immobilizer salvaged from a explorer! I didn't hesitate a single second and bought it straight away for only $200! Thank you so much for thinking with me!
  2. R

The button switch came off, which i tried to solder back on a few times which luckily worked for a month or two. But because i've soldered it too many times some circuits on the board are damaged due to the heat. I think all the diodes etc are still working so all the necessary parts could be...
  3. R

I'll contact some junk/salvage yards tomorrow, thanks for the advice! The key is absolutely beyond repair, I brought it to a locksmith which confirmed this. Fingers crossed a scrapyard has a fob laying around!
  4. R

What have you done to try to bypass it? I found a guide which stated this: To neutralise the immobiliser Join together 10 and 13. To ensure continuous spark at distributor. Join together 9, 15 and 16. Join together 11 and 7. Unfortunately this is written for a VIM 125 model so I tried my best...
  5. R

Hello, My car hasn't been able to start for a few months now because my Bosch RK112 one button fob broke beyond repair. I have tried bypassing the Bosch VIM171 immobilizer with no success. I took it to a local garage which suggested me to buy a second hand FOB so he can reprogramme it to work...
Back