Recent content by RickOTR | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Recent content by RickOTR

1. R

I new it had to happen once day

It's extremely challenging to find a nice 2nd gen explorer around here that someone doesn't want over 7k for. 2 door sports are even more challenging.
  2. R

Not sure but I've had my eyes on a really nice black 2001 Ford F-150 Lightning that has the Cobra hood on it. But I'm not in a hurry though as I have other daily drivers
  3. R

This is not going to be an easy post as I just got back from the salaved yard a few minutes ago. A lot worse than it looks. Oil was leaking from the front engine, Rack & Pinion was toast, Needs a complete front clip, Front of frame was slightly bent, etc. But here are the pictures...
  4. R

Found an Explorer just like mine at the bone yard so I might look into changing out the body's or just the parts. The guy wants $1500 for the body or $600 for the parts.
  5. R

The guy at the wrecking yard said most of the damage was to right front fender with some damage to right side. Both airbags deployed and front windshield shattered along with left side rear panel glass. Hood was bent on right side. Left side was mostly undamaged. Thats why it was totaled. I'm...
  6. R

I'm going to be looking at her on Monday so I'll decide what to do with it next. I'm in California and California is tough to get a salvaged title in, but not impossible. Would like nothing more than to make it road worthy again. Thank you all for the support.
  7. R

Nope, right side had too much damage. Would be nice if I could resurrect her though. I loved that truck like it was family.
  8. R

Well all came to an end on March 17 of this year. My 1997 Explorer was destroyed in a car accident because a female driver made an illegal lane change and I had to apply the brakes causing me to slide sideways hitting the wall. I guess we will never know if my Explorer will make it to one...
  9. R

recommendations for front hydraulic shocks?

5U2Z-18V124-MA https://www.ebay.com/itm/324328711877?hash=item4b837f66c5:g:UoEAAOSw2vBfgnHx
  10. R

recommendations for front hydraulic shocks?

https://www.summitracing.com/parts/mof-ashv875 Have seen some on ebay as well...
  11. R

Need the name of this piece

That part is discontinued from Ford. You'll have to either install new bushings, or go with the one piece control arm.
  12. R

What sensor is this?

That's an oil pressure sensor switch
  13. R

big brakes and front suspension

I'm not sure. I bought a 2002 Mustang GT that was totaled in the rear and took the 4.6 v3 engine and transmission out and put it in a 1998 Explorer Sport. I then looked at the rear axle and noted it was the same 8.8 as in my Explorer. Everything fit like a glove. It did not have the vented...
  14. R

Full throttle issues. Advice please.

Returnable sysytem: 2 lines is 30 to 40 psi Returnless system: 1 line with fuel pressure regulator on fuel pump is 45 to 65 psi Delphi makes the OEM pump for the 2nd Gen Explorers.
  15. R

big brakes and front suspension

I used the 2002 Mustang GT rear brakes in order to get rid of the OEM brake shoes. You'll need the calipers, rotors, mounting bracket, and pads. Removal of the axles are necessary in order to remove the backing plate in order to remove the oem bracket and install the Mustang one.
Back