Recent content by rok8man | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Recent content by rok8man

1. rok8man

Looking for temporary fix for sharkfin antenna

Thank you for the tip. I ordered it on Amazon. Will be here tomorrow. Will see how that works.
  2. rok8man

Looking for temporary fix for sharkfin antenna

I banged my sharkfin antenna into the garage door. Now the antenna is raised up from the base. I am trying to push it down but its not working. I am going on a road trip in three days and there is rain expected in the place I am going to. I dont want water to seep in through the hole and create...
  3. rok8man

What did you do to your 6th Gen?

I am thinking of putting in the Hood struts for mine as well. How hard was the install? It would be nice if Ford would put that in factory stock since this is a high priced car
  4. rok8man

What did you do to your 6th Gen?

I got my lettering from there as well. Will be putting it in soon. I have a White Explorer so I got the white letters. Hopefully that will provide a good contrast with the black cladding.
  5. rok8man

Change Car Image in Backup Camera

I was wondering if there is a way to change the image of the Explorer when you engage the backup camera. I have a white Explorer and the image is that of a gray one. I know Tesla has done that where they match the image of the car with the car color. Wonder if it can be done with ForScan or...
  6. rok8man

2021 Ford Explorer XLT not off to a good start

My Explorer is named Betty White in the Ford Pass App.
  7. rok8man

Well that didn't take long!

Good thing you had the tow package. That saved your car from a lot of damage. I was at a stop light and I got hit by a CRV who got hit by a Lexus. Poor CRV was bashed in from both sides. I had a 2017 Explorer and no tow package. From being bumped it cost over $8k in damages. My Explorer was in...
  8. rok8man

2020 - 2021 ST/Platinum Instrument Cluster

I would like to know the same as well as I am also very interested. I have the Limited and I love the digital cluster of the ST/Platinum trim.
  9. rok8man

Transmission Growl/Whine - Transmission Cooler Leaking

Thats what it says on my FordPass App as well. Everytime I open the app it tells me there is a recall notice. I have to get my rear seat fixed by the dealer as the headrest is stuck in the up position. I told my Service Manager to get it taken care of as well when I bring it in for the seat fix...
  10. rok8man

Transmission Growl/Whine - Transmission Cooler Leaking

Will the dealer fix the issue knowing that you dont have an issue yet. I just picked up an Explorer LTD and it was also built in 2019 and this is most concerning to me now.
  11. rok8man

Explorer 3rd Row Folding Headrest Issue

I called the Service Manager on Saturday and Monday and left him voicemails both times and he never called back. Needless to say I wont be going back to this Service Manager anytime soon. Also the Sales Guy should have talked to the Service Manager as well and that didnt happen as well.
  12. rok8man

Ford ESP at dealer cost to forum members

When I was picking up my Ford the dealer was trying to push some other plan and not the Ford ESP plan. It was also around $6K. It was big time pressure sales. The Finance guy kept on badgering that I need this. I kept telling him no and he kept on. I know they all get a commission from this but...
  13. rok8man

Missing Part? - Clip in the glove box

I just checked and I have the clip on my Explorer LTD that I picked up this week.
  14. rok8man

Bad day for the train conductor

Do you even know what a write off is? --One of my favorite Seinfeld lines
  15. rok8man

Explorer 3rd Row Folding Headrest Issue

I picked up a 2020 Explorer Limited last Wednesday. I was checking everything before driving away from the dealership and noticed that the right 3rd headrest was stuck. No matter how much i pulled on the rope latch it wouldnt budge and fold. The left handside worked perfectly. The Service...
Back