Recent content by RonBurgundyXLT | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Recent content by RonBurgundyXLT

1. R

Thinking Of Adding Fender Flares... few questions

Thank you!, ive actually just got the Warrior #153 shackles in the rear and the TT up front to level it out. I went with the Rancho 5000 series shocks in the front made to accommodate a 2" lift over stock and a set of Monroe Sensatrac HD shocks in the rear with the added helper coils wrapping...
  2. R

Best power mods for the 4.0 SOHC???

vroomzoomboom thanks for the link, this looks like the direction I may end up going.
  3. R

New member and ride pics!!!

Thank you! I'm glad to be apart of this community!
  4. R

Thanks for the reply DRDOOM, I did happen to see a few supercharged applications and that's what got me wondering just how capable these motors are. Most of them were Street trucks however but inspired me none the less to see what I can get outta this engine. I'm the kind of guy who likes to...
  5. R

It really depends on what parts are needed and how large of a difference they make. From there I will weigh the gains over the cost and see if it's worth it. As far as a set price I have none, this truck is going to be a very invested build over a long span of time with hopes of eventually...
  6. R

I can't wait unti the day lol, what in your personal opinion would be a good donor vehicle for swap parts?
  7. R

Need Help! Loss of power rough idle

It can't hurt, If it doesn't help them I would for sure take them out and see about changing them. Also double check all the gaskets and vacuum hoses going from the intake manifold. I apllied some Vaseline before installing my intake gaskets to help make a good seal, as well as the large O-ring...
  8. R

I feel the same, my fiancé is a die hard Chevy girl and she said to me this morning she found a new respect for explorers because of mine! That made my day!!! I hope to pass this down to my daughter one day after it's fully built SAS and possibly motor swapped with a newer V8, she's a little...
  9. R

I think it looks good! I wanted a sport but I'm happy with the 4door now that we just had a baby. It does make life a little easier.
  10. R

Thank you! I'm glad there is this forum for people who can really appreciate these trucks! , I was born in SC but now I'm living in NC. A lot of people in this town trash talk the explorers for being horrible and un-reliable, every one who asks about the truck can't believe it's got 230xxx miles...
  11. R

That's a good looking X! What headlights are those Anzo?
  12. R

That's sweet man definitely get some pics up! I did the rancho 2" lift shocks up front and front sway bar delete, LED bar in lower grill, Monroe Sensatrac rear shocks with the helper coils, TT and Warrior 153 shackles. Sitting on 32's on 15x8 wheels with 3.75" backspace. Here is Ron as of this...
  13. R

North Carolina Explorers

Who out there is a resident of NC? I live in western NC about 20 min down the mountain from Appalachian State and I'm trying to find some fellow explorers wanting to go on and plan some wheeling trips or overnight exploring. Let's see who's out there and let's see those rigs!
  14. R

Heck yeah man that's awesome! Mine was a family truck for the last 4-5 years when my parents bought it I think it had around 70-80k miles but they sold it to me a few weeks ago for $1k and they always garage kept it as well. I just did a full front end rebuild with oem parts as well. It's...
  15. R

Thank you Rick! I love this truck and I've had a few other trucks " Dodge Ram and Dakota" and a first gen for my first explorer, another stock second gen, and an older 87 full size bronco but this is my favorite of all! I can't wait to get a SAS done and make it into a full blown adventure truck...
Back