Recent content by roscoe 0202 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Recent content by roscoe 0202

1. R

'94 4x4 4.0L engine seized (SOLVED, IT'S A RUNNER NOW)

they're easy to pull and install I've done twice by myself on a 2.9 bronco II roscoe
  2. R

1993 4.0 No Start

there is a plug by the battery two 10 guage wires black two go to the battery terminal two go to the computer pull it apart and clean back probe to make sure it is passing electricity roscoe this is the computer ground
  3. R

4.0 SOHC - when did it become reliable?

well when I was a kid [i'm dating myself] 100k was a long way on an engine they got rebuilt then roscoe
  4. R

4.0 SOHC - when did it become reliable?

I think the sohc gets a bad rap because you have to pull the engine to replace back chain look at overhead cam chain driven and it has to be changed periodically roscoe
  5. R

'94 4x4 4.0L engine seized (SOLVED, IT'S A RUNNER NOW)

go to harbor freight they have an inexpensive camers that will go through the spark plug hole but I think what mbrooks says is quite accurate roscoe
  6. R

1993 Explorer front lift

try james duff now Duffy's roscoe
  7. R

Question regarding 95 /96 4.0L OHV Wiring Harness/PCM Pinout differences

the drive shaft to the cmp has splines pull the sensor up so splines are out of shaft and rotate sensor drop down on splines you should be able to rotate it where it needs to be roscoe
  8. R

'97 XLT 4wd 200k+ miles, metal on metal scraping noise

don't spin it shake it side to side to check for bad u-joints roscoe
  9. R

'97 XLT 4wd 200k+ miles, metal on metal scraping noise

get under the car with transmission in neutral wheels chocked and see if the u-joints are lose roscoe
  10. R

Aftermarket parts that are better than OEM

times two on the fel-pro gaskets roscoe
  11. R

Emergency brake, 97 Explorer XLT 4x4 SOHC

like I said in quote 9 get those shoes to seat if no contact no friction no braking roscoe
  12. R

Emergency brake, 97 Explorer XLT 4x4 SOHC

sounds like the brakes need seating into the drums when drum brakes were all over the place some shops had a grinder to grind the shoes to match the drums if you can't find one you will have to adjust them tight and drive until they are seated to the drum roscoe
  13. R

too much oil/ wrong dipstick ??

1/4 inch on the hose roscoe
  14. R

1350/1354 doubler build

that is a good looking doubler most look like a chicken walked across a **** roscoe
  15. R

old guy, wife said get a hobby, 94 explorer

10-40on the recliners and naps roscoe
Back