Recent content by rrlund | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Recent content by rrlund

1. R

2002 4.0 no start

Haven't done a compression test. If you could hear it start,you'd have to believe everything must be normal. It doesn't even miss. That's the next step I suppose,but it's getting old checking things and finding nothing wrong.
  2. R

2002 4.0 no start

I changed the cam sensor yesterday. No change. We used the scanner on it this afternoon,no codes.
  3. R

2002 4.0 no start

Now I've got to wondering. I was out there early this morning getting chores done before the rain starts. I saw the reflection of a red light blinking in the lower center of the windshield. Do you think there could be an anti theft device that's gone bad and causing this? How would you disarm...
  4. R

2002 4.0 no start

Is there such a thing as a quick compression test on one of those? You need a little helper monkey to get in there to get the plugs out.
  5. R

2002 4.0 no start

I haven't thrown any more money at it,but I tried something today. I laid a spark plug on the negative terminal,plugged it in to a spark plug wire and had the wife crank on it. I told her to hold the key right through it starting and keep it cranking until I told her to stop. It still had spark...
  6. R

2002 4.0 no start

OK,got one small bolt,maybe 8mm wrench,holdng it in? That might be the one I took out to stick a screwdriver in to see if the cam was turning.
  7. R

2002 4.0 no start

Where is the cam sensor located?
  8. R

2002 4.0 no start

I just got a 2002 Explorer XLS with a 4.0. It's not a Sport Trac,but I can't find a forum on here to post on this specific model. This should be close enough. It's been sitting for about two years. It died on the road for the previous owner. He was told by somebody who was just guessing,that...
Back