Recent content by russexpy | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Recent content by russexpy

1. R

2007 Explorer Limited Edition/garage door opener

On my 2007 Expy it is where the sunroof and front dome lamp is. There are 3 buttons there and the middle one marked home is the one I use for mine. Get an owners manuel online and it will tell you how to set it up. Not difficult.
  2. R

Flex shift knob

I just replaced the shift knob on my 2007 Explorer with the flex shift knob. Worked great for about two months and now once in a while will lock up and will not come out of Park. I take the console cover off and work the screw that attaches it to the shift handle and seems to work fine for a...
  3. R

Heated Back Window Connector

I did buy that kit also. Like yourself I have not used it yet. Thank you for your input.
  4. R

Heated Back Window Connector

I have a major problem. The connector to the heated back glass came off. About 3 years ago the tailgate had to be replaced from an accident. I think when the Lincoln dealer replaced it they put it on good enough to get by. Took to a Ford dealer and they said I may have to replace the glass...
  5. R

spark Plug removal

Well they did not have to pull the head. When the engine got to where the plug was accessible the dealer was able to remove #8 plug. Saved a bunch of money that way. Glad this dealer was looking out for me. Total to remove the old plug and install new one was $750. Could have been worse...
  6. R

spark Plug removal

I guess who ever changed the plugs before me may not have put anti seize on the plugs so #8 is frozen in the head. Was able to get 7 of the plugs out without breaking. Took to the dealer and the head is being taken off and have the plug removed. Bummer. At least I will be good till I trade...
  7. R

spark Plug removal

I agree with you. I did skip over them but I think #8 plug is dead and causing a miss. Got a code P0358 and replaced the coil but I think it killed the plug for this is causing the miss. Oh well, trying to do something good and turning into a cluster #@$%. Thanks for your recommendation...
  8. R

spark Plug removal

Thank you for your reply. I did blow them out and I did install the new updated plugs when they were replaced at 100,000 miles. After 4 years I thought it was time to replace them and I did it per the TSB on this. It looks like sediment has buildt up and covering the plugs in the socket part...
  9. R

spark Plug removal

I have a 2007 Explorer with the 4.6L and I'm trying to get #4 and #8 plugs out. I changed the plugs in the other 6 and cannot get my socket to fit onto the plug. Now I get a P0358 code and I think the plug fouled out from the coil issue. I replaced the coil also there. There seems to be dirt...
  10. R

Add Bluetooth

I just put a BT in my 2007 Explorer with the IPOD connections. I used a kit made by Isimple and it was a piece of cake. I use the factory radio for the IPOD and use the preset buttons on the radio to answer the phone. TOOK LONGER to find rhe tools to put it together than to basically do the...
  11. R

Thanks

Hi everyone. Just bought a 2007 Explorer and always need assistance when I need to work on it. Want to thank everyone now for future info.
Back