Recent content by rwenzing | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Recent content by rwenzing

1. rwenzing

EBay 20% off coupon. Today 6/6/18 only

I don’t know if this a “targeted” offer or not. It showed up on my computer and it worked for me. 20% off any single eBay purchase from $50 up. The total discount is capped at $100 so that sounds like it is the best deal up to $500. There are ineligible categories but I tested it on several...
  2. rwenzing

2nd Gen Explorer Sport owners please - power seat question

Does the power driver seat in the Gen2 Explorer Sport 2-door have a "fold and slide" feature? In other words, does the seat back incliner allow the seat to slide far forward for improved access to the back seat? Please include the model year of your Sport in your response. THANKS! I am...
  3. rwenzing

Oil pressure switch

4.0L: Front lower driver side of the block below the AC compressor. May be hard to see from above or below. If so, try looking in through the wheel well.
  4. rwenzing

parking light switch

Look for a single wire (light green/red) connected to a switch on the parking brake pedal mechanism. When the brake is applied, the switch switch completes circuit to ground to light the lamp. Also check brake fluid level. Rangers are sensitive to fluid level and usually need it adjusted closer...
  5. rwenzing

How to disarm the anti theft on a 2000 ford ranger

99~2000 Rangers had Type B PATS with 3.0/4.0 V6 only. No PATS on 2.5 4-cylinders for those years. 2.3, 3.0 and 4.0 Rangers got Type E PATS in 2001. Early 2001 MY Rangers with the 2.5 did not have PATS.
  6. rwenzing

How do i drain radiator on 2002 B4000 truck

Be gentle with the drain valve on the radiator. The plastic gets brittle with age and may crack easily.
  7. rwenzing

$5 off $5+ at O'Reilly Auto Parts - Facebook required

Looks like an opportunity to get a cheap/free oil filter or something similar IF you don't mind jumping through the Facebook hoops .... Posted on SlickDeals.net on 12/5. Expires 1/31/14...
  8. rwenzing

Air Bag Light suddenly came on?!?!?

Lamp Flash Code 2-5 is for a problem in the Passenger Airbag Deactivation switch. Probably caused by the monitoring circuit detecting incorrect resistance. The fix would normally be a replacement PAD switch assembly. If you're handy with electronics, take a look at this...
  9. rwenzing

2001 Ranger filler tube (California)

One thing to keep in mind is that your Ranger is equipped with ORVR (Onboard Refueling Vapor Recovery). The intent of this system is to force most of the refueling vapors to be vented into and captured by the carbon canister instead of being vented primarily at the fuel filler neck as is the...
  10. rwenzing

2001 Ranger filler tube (California)

This assumption is incorrect. There is no hardware difference between the California and Federal Rangers of your vintage (2001). So troubleshooting would be the same as a Ranger sold new in Washington. I'd be looking for filler neck or vent restrictions.
  11. rwenzing

12V Power Outlet Not Working

12V power point - fuse 22 in the dash fuse panel cigarette lighter - fuse 17 in the dash fuse panel both are grounded to the bolted ground point under the passenger side kick panel
  12. rwenzing

Stop light fuse location 3litre 2006

For 2006, it's fuse #19 in the SJB (under the passenger side kick panel).
  13. rwenzing

Pulse hubs to manual

Plug off the vacuum line that currently tees off from the A/C vac line to the PVH system. That will take care of the leak.
  14. rwenzing

2006 Ford Ranger Squeaking Issue

Possibly. Check to see if the windowed rotor of the Synchronizer has been hitting the CMP sensor. That sometimes happens if the Synchronizer clearances have become large enough. If not, then the sensor should be OK. If needed, the sensor is a lot cheaper than the Synchronizer.
Back