Recent content by Sager | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Recent content by Sager

1. S

Shop says my explorer is finished, is this true?!

The intake manifold gaskets, if installed improperly, can cause the lean codes! I had p171 codes on my 98 explorer, and it only had 13k miles on it. The gaskets had gone bad.. replaced them and no problem...
  2. S

P1507: anyone get this code before?

Well the good thing with Amazon, using returns are fully covered, especially if the part is wrong, they pay for the shipping back too
  3. S

Seems several are acceptable. Did a search for 96 explorer idle air , you can see the selection, and the Motorcraft part numbers in the second one
  4. S

Search Amazon for that part number then, I took the part number from the thread...
  5. S

That's always wise, I've found ebay loaded with such things, Amazon, not so much, but it does happen to be sure
  6. S

Try Amazon! I find tons of oem parts cheaper than at the autoparts store Try Amazon! I find tons of oem parts cheaper than at the autoparts store
  7. S

Solved Spare Tire Tools

Go to the local junk yard
  8. S

SOLVED - HELP! No crank, no start, and no communication with PCM

May be simplistic, but did you try starting it in neutral?
  9. S

98 Explorer anti-theft

You can get the codes to program them here https://www.motorcraftservice.com/keycode/keycodelookup A locksmith or ford will have to program it though
  10. S

97 Mountaineer grille…Yeti?

My friend had one too!
  11. S

Troubleshooting PATS

Do you have a remote start or aftermarket alarm? If you do, they can get confused, if you use both remotes, if you have an aftermarket device, you should only use the aftermarket..
  12. S

98 Mountaineer Front License Plate Mount Fasteners

Sorry to barge in, but I just replaced my front bumper, and need one of those clips, what the heck are they called?
  13. S

what kind of mileage do you all get ??

It is but it isn't.
Back