Recent content by sattech2000 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Recent content by sattech2000

1. sattech2000

Heat shield between tranny and cats on V8's ?

Is there supposed to be a heat shield on the tranny between the cats on the v8's like there is on the v6's? I know it was important on those and my v8 tranny is starting to act goofy. I noticed there isn't a heat shield on this one. Have searched but can't find any decent OEM pics anymore.
  2. sattech2000

2000 Explorer Limited 4WD V6 AC Blows lukewarm air after 5 min

Not sure if this is your problem but I had a similar issue and have a post on here somewhere. Basically mine would go to warm or hot when I was accelerating due to lack of vacuum, had to put a one way vacuum valve in the line that goes down to the ball on the passenger side fender which seems to...
  3. sattech2000

Bank one ltft hi.

Code 1451 has been resolved, replaced vent valve and connector. Both were confirmed bad. Issue remains, no change. No codes presently in PCM.
  4. sattech2000

Bank one ltft hi.

Good morning! I've been dinking with this for a couple weeks now and thought maybe I should get input from someone smarter then me. Lol I use the truck all day at work delivering mail and the fuel mileage is hurting. I'm still pretty green for using The scan tool for diagnostics. Launch x431...
  5. sattech2000

Best way to unload torsion bars?

Snapped the head right of the adjusting bolt. Ughh. My mistake, got in to much of a hurry. What's the best way to unload this one? I seriously doubt I could get a nut welded on there but might try that.
  6. sattech2000

What are these fuel trims telling me?

Still learning fuel trims and how to decipher them. What direction are they pointing me in? I know something isn't right just not sure what yet. 96 explorer 4.0 vin X
  7. sattech2000

Rear abs sensor wiring diagram - ASAP, Please and thank you!:)

Could someone please post a wring diagram for the rear abs sensor that's mounted in the rear differential? Would be very helpful and greatly appreciated. Kind of an emergency as it's required for my job, which I'm in the middle of my day at the moment, and due to having two sensors out the abs...
  8. sattech2000

What else is known to feel like a dragging brake caliper?

Def not from the engine. That things running like a raped ape. I swear it has better performance and gas mileage then my 99 did. Have the back end jacked up engine running turning the tires i can tell something is binding up. Going to drop rear drives haft now(front has been out and see what...
  9. sattech2000

I hear no bearing or any noises at all. For the first couple minutes cold it's good but then starts dragging
  10. sattech2000

Boy I screwed that last post up. New phone. Anyways parking brakes were completely removed. Cables and guts at the rear wheels.
  11. sattech2000

What else is known to feel like a dragging brake caliper? 96 Explorer 4.0 OHV well maintained. Started noticing it about 6 months ago. Initially out on the highway I could feel a slight drag from time to time. When I noticed it, it would be instant here then instant gone. It seems it is now...
  12. sattech2000

5R55E Parts

I lost track of tgis. Are the parts still available? I have extra cash now.
  13. sattech2000

For Sale LPG Kit

Don't suppose this might still be available?
  14. sattech2000

EATC Weirdness and Wiring Diagrams?

Actually I think I just found what was referenced here on another site. In case anyone else is looking for. http://www.pantherbb.com/p71interceptor/eatcswap/index.html
  15. sattech2000

EATC Weirdness and Wiring Diagrams?

I realize this is a 15 year old post but it's exactly what I'm looking for. Link is dead anyone know where I might be able to find the information referenced above? Couldn't get it to come up in the way back machine :(
Back