Recent content by sawood711 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Recent content by sawood711

1. S

Cold Air Intake (CAI) Discussion

I bought the Windstorm CAI used for about $200 shipped. So far just a small increase in noise as of now with the hood closed. You can hear it more at lower RPM's when you press the throttle, but not much when you are in the upper RPM's. Didn't really see any mpg gains on the highway either. I...
  2. S

Treadwear Issue with Ventus S1 Noble 2 Hankooks

I bought my 15 Ex Sport used about a month ago and it has falken ziex ct50 tires on them with pretty decent tread life on them. I am guessing the first owner replaced the OEM ones with these. So far these seem pretty good. I probably won't truly know until I replace these with different tires...
  3. S

Adding Flowmaster to 2014 Explorer Sport

I want to get an resonated Magnaflow X-Pipe to replace the resonator and add some Super Delta 50's Flowmasters on mine. Also bump the piping from 2.25" to 2.5" and then get a set of 2.5" HFC downpipes as well. Pretty sure the price for the exhaust setup I want will be close to $1,100-1,200. I am...
  4. S

5th Gen Explorer Photo Thread

Where did you get the EcoBeast emblem?
  5. S

MFT Update V3.10

Gotcha... no worries. Thanks!
  6. S

MFT Update V3.10

What does VHR stand for?
  7. S

MFT Update V3.10

It needs to be FAT32. Mine was NTFS and I changed it to FAT32. Its installing now. I figured it was because it was probably formatted differently.
  8. S

MFT Update V3.10

I tried installing it over the weekend from post 15 I believe, but it said it doesn't recognize my USB. Does the USB need to be formatted to a certain format like NTFS or FAT32? I am not sure what mine is formatted to, but I tried using just the zip file and then extracted the zip file to the...
  9. S

Thanks! And I did click the image button in the toolbar and inserted my link like I did earlier, but I guess it didn’t like me lol.
  10. S

It’s not letting me link my pic to imgur like last time. Don’t know what’s wrong. I’ll fix it when I get to my laptop.
  11. S

Apparently there’s two other X Sports where I work and we all parked near each other. https://imgur.com/a/LiolM
  12. S

Exhaust Options for the Sport

I’ve heard videos of people with the magnaflow exhaust and honestly I couldn’t tell that they had an aftermarket exhaust on it from the YouTube video. After a quick search I am liking the Flowmaster 50 Delta Series. I want “better” performance and able to cruise around stealthy, but somewhat get...
  13. S

That’s the muffler X-Pipe I’m referring to. He went one step futher though and took off the back mufflers. I’m looking to add some performance mufflers at the rear as well and not eliminate them. Maybe I’ll throw on some magnaflow one’s as well if the Gibson axle back exhaust doesn’t fit rhe...
  14. S

Has anyone taken out the front large resonator and put a magnaflow X-Pipe muffler (Pt # 11378)? I did this on my G35 coupe back in the day when it had a loud obnoxious exhaust and it actually tamed the exhaust, made it a lot more deeper in tone, took away 90% of the rasp and made it sound sexy...
  15. S

Thanks, the black paint has the wonderful flakes in them that makes it stand out from the other black cars out there especially when it's freshly detailed!
Back