Recent content by Scott B. | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Recent content by Scott B.

1. S

Completed Project Kirby's 1991 Ranger Build Up

Given that the problem goes away with a full tank, maybe there is a wire on the top of the tank that is getting pinched - thinking the tank shifts down when full/heavy, and lifts as it gets lighter. Just a thought. Check your fuel tank mounts as well,
  2. S

I replied to the PM asking a question (your address to ship the book to!) ;) I assume you haven't been on your computer all weekend.............
  3. S

Kirby, Would you be interested in the Ford Fuel Injection & Electronic Engine Control book? If you are not familiar with it, it covers all EEC-IV systems. I was going through my bookshelf, and found it. Since I no longer have a Ford, I don't need it. It is out of print, and this copy is in...
  4. S

1960 Dodge Dart Seneca Project

How solid is that mounted between the engine and firewall? I assume you allowed for engine torque movement and vibration - just can't tell from the pictures.
  5. S

It might not hurt to deck the heads to make sure they are flat. We took 0.002" off the new aluminum Edelbrock heads I put on my 5.0L - yes, brand new and not flat. :( We had to take 0.007" off each side of the block to get the even. Ended up with 9.2-ish:1 compression. It ran on 87, though...
  6. S

One model of head (I forget which) is prone to cracking. Brian1 would know. Be careful getting used ones.
  7. S

Were it me, I would find the best flowing heads, and start there. I don't there is much difference between OEM and aftermarket pistons, functionality wise (other than the obvious shape of the top of the piston), but there can be a huge difference in the flow through different heads. Also...
  8. S

That rail is not worn - it's polished! ;)
  9. S

I wasn't going to recommend or not - LOL It worked fine, until it didn't. No idea why it failed. But, I have seen a lot of off-brand parts be absolute junk. On my 5.0L, I stayed with known good parts/brands. But a lifetime warranty is a good thing to have. Getting to your compressor is...
  10. S

Since I'm still following this thread, I'll add my experience. I bought a Motorcraft compressor from RockAuto for my 5.0L. At the time of conversion, I also converted the A/C to R-134. Once plumbed and charged, the system worked fine. After a couple of years, the compressor locked up. Of...
  11. S

Brian1 91 XLT 4x4

I had about ~300,000 miles on mine, when it started leaking on our trip in 2011. On my way home, I put 5 quarts of oil in it in Oklahoma. :eek: I made it back to Georgia with no other issues, though. Ah, good times....
  12. S

Brian1 91 XLT 4x4

Very nice, Brian. Should be good for another 20 years! ;)
  13. S

Brian1 91 XLT 4x4

I really need to make another trip to Colorado - it's been too many years... I like that snowbank!
  14. S

My latest project: 1970 Dodge Dart 512 C.I. Bracket Racer

Are you going to add any emblems or factory stripping? My red '71 Demon had a black vinyl top. Must be fun to drive on the street. :cool:
  15. S

Brian1 91 XLT 4x4

I wasn't aware of any difference in the internals of the FX4 case to the standard case. The documentation from my '06 Level II didn't mention anything about any upgrades. Of course, if I still had that truck, I could go open it up and look... ;)
Back