2. S

4.0 ohv performance rebuild

Pistons installed
  3. S

Pistons installed
  4. S

Ive got a couple pictures from the build. Honed and gasket surface cleaned up. I'd never honed a cylinder before and man it was a pain. Next time I'll just get it bored
  5. S

Well an update if anybody cares, it now runs and drives very well. The maf sensor and clutch master cylinder had both gone bad. Idles pretty decent, low and lopey. Still needs a few little things but runs great
  6. S

So it drives fine, sometimes idles decently, but mostly rough idle and won't stay running without a little throttle, and dies when I push the clutch. Codes for oxygen sensor heaters
  7. S

Or closed loop whichever is when it learns stuff. Will the pcm save the new information once it learns or will it reset with every disconnection of the battery? I would like to avoid a tune for right now at least but it is eec-v so it wouldn't be too bad
  8. S

Yes I know the EGR is helpful and useful, but it wasn't functioning properly prior, and the pipe was damaged on removal. And my intake was really gross. This will be an off-road vehicle and seldom see street use. I will pull codes this weekend to see and let you know, I know that the EGR doesn't...
  9. S

Anyone know what all controls the idle?
  10. S

So we got it to run and drive, just not very well yet. Modifications are: 90tm block and pistons with 98tm heads, heads polished and exhaust ports slightly opened up, 422 cam, EGR delete, no cat just a glasspack muffler. I can't remember all the vacuum stuff, I only have the brake booster and...
  11. S

So almost 8 months to the day we got her running again. I let her sit neglected for a long time then decided to knock it out. We started Thanksgiving weekend and it ran December 3rd at 1:30a.m.
  12. S

I recently hrydrolocked my motor(4.0 ohv) and believe I bent a rod because the engine won't turn over by the crank with the plugs removed. So I figured it would be a good opportunity to do a full overhaul on my 300k+ mile motor. And while I'm in there, may as well go all out! So my plan from...
  13. S

Performance rebuild

I am planning a motor rebuild and while I'm in there figured I might as well throw in a few performance goodies to help out the ole 4.slow. I have a few questions for the experts on here. My current plan is a 91 block with the smaller dished piston and my 95tm heads ported and polished and a...
  14. S

Hydrolock multiple questions

Yeah the hell I put her through I'm surprised the motors lasted this long. I think I'm going to do a mild perfomance rebuild and go for another 300k. First thing on the to do list after rebuild, snorkel... Lol
  15. S

Hydrolock multiple questions

Of course I tried to start it again lol just in case it wasn't messed up enough I wanted to finish it off. Lol but it never turned over after her bath. Well over 300k miles it's time for a rebuild anyway.
Back