Recent content by Sereno011 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Recent content by Sereno011

1. S

Cluncking durring acceleration

Recently repaired the acceleration clunk noise a 03 Mountaineer AWD. Sounded like a jackhammer under the truck when taking off, worse when going uphill or under a heavy load. Before this the front pop shaft CV joint had begun binding up, to the point whole truck was vibrating. Rebuilt the...
  2. S

3rd Gen Steering wheel control wire

An old thread but may be useful for any 3'rd gens still going. The the SWC key wire is the yellow wire, Pin 14 (bottom right) of the connector. This image is from AXXESS install manual: https://www.mediafire.com/view/pbstvfkozi51uto/3%2527rd.Gen_Radio-SWC.Pin.jpg/file Also, ran into an issue...
  3. S

Checking Charging System

TLDR: It was the Alternator Was also dealing with the "Check Charging System" popping up intermittently on my 03 Mounty (4.6L). But also frequently. Wasn't charging weakly, putting out plenty of voltage and amperage. The charging was just cutting out. And oddly the message would only pop up...
  4. S

Where's best place near dash to tap into 3rd Gen Reverse Signal Wire Black/Pink?

Finally got around to installing a camera in my 03 Exploder. Blk/Pnk is drivers kick panel worked fine. It was one of the fine wires in the bundle. I also do have the factory parking aid and reverse power does not directly go to that dash switch. Assume that uses a digital input from PCM or BCM.
  5. S

Blown head gasket

Like mguy said, just change the oil once or twice around every fuel fill-up. Flush with conventional oil and can then go back to your fav synthetic on the final change. Any trace amounts left should evaporate off with engine heat, ideally with a fair amout of highway use. Short commutes may not...
  6. S

04 Broken front coil spring

An old thread but for anyone else reading this: I just tried doing front coil springs on my 2003 Mountaineer. Don't even attempt it. Those springs are about the strongest I've ever come across. Even using 4 threaded bar type compressors I couldn't even compress it enough to put the cracked one...
  7. S

2004 explorer P0193 stalling

If I have to get a sensor or other electronics part locally I gravitate towards Autozone. IME a lot of their stuff is reboxed Bosch which is actually OEM for some parts. Most other stores just carry the cheap BWD/SMP, or even worse, DORMAN (inc NAPA). Either way it's like playing secret Santa...
  8. S

Intermittent P0193

The P0193 is a circuit code for the FRPS which would mean the signal is dropping out. Could just be a faulty sensor or potential wiring issue. Worst case a problem with the ECM. But a fuel pump would be one of the last places I'd look. The fact that it's driving fine suggests to me it's...
Back