Recent content by sethsport | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Recent content by sethsport

1. S

Suspension upgrade question

I have a 2003 sport trac Adrenalin 4x4. I tow my boat and I have a 17’ Enclosed trailer that it probably could tow but I don’t have to because my employee tows it with his 7.3 ford. I should probably Upgrade to a bigger truck for the Towing but... I love my sport trac, I’m sure you all can...
  2. S

Evap/ vac problem

I’ve had a 442 code for awhile which was the purge valve solenoid, I picked one off the same year make and model and installed it, now I’m getting these codes. I’ve attached a photo. I’m not sure where to start first. Anybody had these issues before ?? P1450 unable to bleed up fuel tank vacuum...
  3. S

Solved Engine overheating.

Yeah it ended up being the hose going into the thermostat.
  4. S

Solved Engine overheating.

Just had an A/C recharge and now the truck is overheating I haven’t used the heat because I’m in florida and it’s 1000* f*in degrees out but I tried it and I’m getting 0 heat. 1) the oil psi gauge is rapidly erratic. 2)nasty hissing after the car turns off 3) there’s smoke coming from the...
  5. S

Torsion Twist 2003 Sport Trac

Yea you have to relieve the pressure off of it and actually need a special pulley tool to remove it properly (even though there are a lot of ways on the internet to get around the tool) but your not removing it just tightening it. Be careful, I’ve know guys that have torqued it too much and...
  6. S

Trailer wiring issues??? Photos included

Also, the kit came with another harness that had just the white brown yellow green. Im guessing that’s the one that supposed to come from the truck which is basically what I’ve already got coming from the truck. I’m stumped...
  7. S

Trailer wiring issues??? Photos included

2003 sport trac Adrenalin. As far as I know it’s the original wiring harness. I just re-wired my trailer and now I got nothing at all from the lights. The harness from the truck has the white,brown,yellow,green. The harness from the trailer has white,2 browns, yellow,green. The two browns from...
  8. S

Seat motor not working

My drivers side seat motor stopped working and I can’t remember clearly but I think the passenger one went out very shortly after. I checked the fuse and it was good, I pulled the seat and checked the trac and it was good, metered the cannon plug/connector and I’ve got 12V in all positions. Up...
  9. S

body lift questions!!! also, pep boys can suck it!

Yeah I did the torsion lift before and gained a couple inches in the front. I knew it wasn’t front leaf springs, duh, stupid question. I was thinking SOA in the back then new struts I front to match the lift but yeah like you said. With the BL and shackles I should be looking mean. Cheaper too
  10. S

Okay that’s what I figured otherwise nobody would be doing them. I’m looking into doing a SOA now. Can I do the SOA on the front too or would I just put shocks?
  11. S

Man... I read the instructions on the website, this seems intimidating, but the instructions are very thorough. One of my concerns though is I read on the instructions that the Bumper can no longer be used for towing. That’s kind of confusing to me because I don’t know if they’re just talking...
  12. S

AGREED. I had just signed up and got approved for their credit line too. If I continue going there they’re just going to find anything and everything to give me the excuse to do all the things that I want to do. First they said I needed tires even though I really didn’t and now I’ve got four...
  13. S

heres the lowdown, went to pep boys for an alignment because my front drivers tire was wearing badly on the inside, dude said he couldnt do the alignment because the tires were too bad, bullshit i said, theyre only a year old and its only the one thats wearing bad. long story short i got four...
  14. S

What did you do this weekend? Participation required

Before bad decisions After bad decisions Seems like every time I post on this thread there’s some wild and crazy thing that happened. Last time I posted it was about how my ex took a screwdriver to my truck causing me to have to get a new paint job. Idk if you can see it in the first pic but it...
  15. S

Modification ideas

I was thinking about putting a flowmaster 40 or the delta 40 on my 03 trac. Any tips on installing them??? The front and back of the stock muffler is welded to the exhaust pipe With the hanger welded to the pipe only a couple inches away from the back of the muffler. Also should I take out the...
Back