Recent content by Shadowwolf66 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Recent content by Shadowwolf66

1. S

Screaming transmission

So I ran it without the belt. It is not coming from the front end of the engine. When I run it without the shifter in the tranny is sounds more like a whirling sound. Not so much a belt scream anymore. My starter is a little loose, I could not find a wobbly socket to tighten it. I really don't...
  2. S

Screaming transmission

Because there is no resistance of the rear axle and tires? Nothing to put pressure against the gears.
  3. S

Screaming transmission

Would not having a drive line allow it to shift into gear running with no clutch (master was disconnected)
  4. S

Screaming transmission

It does sound like a bad belt. A high pitched squeal. Would that sound carry through and make it sound like it could possibly be in the tranny?
  5. S

Screaming transmission

The only pully that would have had pressure on it from what I could see was the fan pully. Because the fan sitting against the shroud kept it from tilting to much.
  6. S

Screaming transmission

It is a 4x4 with an automatic transfer case. If that is relevant. And like I said I was running it without either driveline hooked up. So I did not have to take it back off if I had to drop the tranny again.
  7. S

Screaming transmission

Pilot bearing was replaced with the clutch. And everything worked fine before I put the new slave and master cylinder in. The previous owner did a clutch job and slave before I bought the donor rig. I kept the same slave and master cylinder replaced the clutch. But I misnrouted the clutch line...
  8. S

Screaming transmission

I put oriellys brand atf in. Whatever the equivalent was. It was the proper level. And it did it whenever the engine was running. In gear out of gear. Clutch enganged and disengaged. And like I said it was shifting without the clutch. It was a m5od. I don't know which one it came out of a donor...
  9. S

Screaming transmission

Hello, I recently swapped my auto tranny to a manual. I did a clutch job and replaced the slave and mater cylinders also. But when I went to start it up after getting It all together, without drivelines installed if that is relevant, it made a very loud screeching noise. Almost like a loose...
Back