Recent content by Shooteruk | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Recent content by Shooteruk

1. S

A little help please guys

Sorry, Ive been having a few issues at work and consiquently forgot. I will take a picture tonight and post tomorrow.
  2. S

Sorry for the delay in getting the pics, works a ***** at the moment. I will post them tonight though. Sorry again
  3. S

Timing chain replacement

If any one is interested, I will be listing the cam setting tools, Female spline drive tools, engine stand and any other special tools I bought for this on ebay shortly. I will consider selling as a package to anyone one here if they're interested for the right offer.
  4. S

Timing chain replacement

Took it for a drive last night and it all seems okay, there is a sucking noise when I switched off coming from the inlet manifold area which I didn't notice before I took it apart which I'm assuming is the air leak that is causing the idle to be a bit high. Having said that it was fine last night.
  5. S

Sorry couldn't take any pictures last night as i got wrapped up in road testing it. I'll definately do them tonight though.
  6. S

I have a 2000 Northe face, i assume that they'd be the same as the XLT, I'll photograph it tonight.
  7. S

Timing chain replacement

Okay, so it's up and running, so much quieter, didn't realise how noisy it actually was. No rattles what so ever.............However, I believe there is an air leak somewhere on the intake manifold as the the idle speed has increased. When I first started it there was no problem it idled...
  8. S

Timing chain replacement

Don't worry found it, stupid place to put it, right behind the engine mount.
  9. S

Timing chain replacement

Does anyone have a picture of the left had side of the engine they can post? I can't see where the dip stick tube fits into due to all the rubbish on that side of the engine
  10. S

Timing chain replacement

Thanks Kevin I'll have a look. I really have no idea where it is on mine, I think I've sussed out the tubes though. It had better bloody work after all this.
  11. S

Timing chain replacement

I think I may have sorted it out. Any suggestions would still be well come though.
  12. S

Timing chain replacement

Thanks Dale, it's more the micro rigid lines that run into the various points. On my 1999 model I had a plastic tube type chamber that sat under the intake manifold and it was fairly straight forward to find the locations of where the various tubes went, on my 2000 North face that chamber isn't...
  13. S

Timing chain replacement

Gents, I have a bit of a problem in that I have no reference for the small bore vacuum pipes in the engine bay. does any one have a picture showing where the pipes run?
  14. S

Timing chain replacement

Thanks gents, I shall more than likely go the route of the 11mm cap bolt or grinding down the 12mm too fit. I'm not sure my missus will stomach another special tool that I'm only likely to use once, I've already spent more than I thought I was going too on it. Never mind it should be back...
  15. S

Timing chain replacement

Jan, I went and had a look after I posted and eventually found the inserts, I didn't notice them before as they were a bit gummed up. It's a bit of an odd size the hex, 12mm is to big and 10 is too small, I used an 11mm bolt head to wind them in eventually, may have to get a longer one to to do...
Back