Recent content by shucker1 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Recent content by shucker1

1. shucker1

Explorer EV Coming

Agreed.. Cooper was a main supplier for the back up generators in Nukes. Problem is the NRC. Can't change anything unless it's tested and proven and you have a documented procedure. Nuclear power is a good thing too bad the byproduct can kill folks for a long time...
  2. shucker1

Explorer EV Coming

Sorry guys watching this with interest. I'm late for the party. My prime income is oil and gas... I have not read the whole string yet. As for global warming? Who was around 1\2 a million years ago to see and record what was going on?
  3. shucker1

Spark plug replacement - 2010 Eddie Bauer 4.6L V8 3 valve

Ford Tech Makuloco does an excellent video on the 5.4. You should be able to find one for the 4.6
  4. shucker1

A/C does not blow cold air

350 is excessively high IMO. I shoot for 225 High and 35-40 low side in south Louisiana. I do it with windows open and blower on high, re circulation off. I'm actually trying to "Boil" the refrigerant as it appears in a low pressure liquid state in the evaporator. Thus drawing in heat and...
  5. shucker1

What were the high and low numbers?
  6. shucker1

As your low side pressure drops with the compressor running it trips the low pressure safety switch located on the side of the accumulator. Usually about 20 PSI. Compressor stops and pressure starts to go up resetting the switch and the compressor comes back on.
  7. shucker1

If you had a correct charge and your high side line was clogged as you mentioned then your high side pressure would be off the scale. I still think your low on charge. How much Freon did you put in?
  8. shucker1

Low on charge but the flutter on the high pressure gauge when the clutch cycles looks strange. I like to see my high side in the 225 range.
  9. shucker1

Hello

Welcome to the forum!
  10. shucker1

Option Question 2020 / 2021

47 and raining here in South Louisiana. Possible Ice or snow flurries Monday..... New Orleans is fixing to shut down....
  11. shucker1

Thanks guys. As for the auto stop it doesn't get quite that cold down here in South Louisiana as it does elsewhere. In fact it usually stay so warm the Auto Stop would turn the vehicle off right after you start it. LOL.
  12. shucker1

Guys, We are considering either a 2020 or 2021 Ford Explorer. The wife is really liking the Black Grille and Black Rims but it only appears to come on the XLT with sports package, however this package does not offer the B&O \ 12 speaker Sound system. Does anyone know if there is a way to get...
  13. shucker1

Merry Christmas!

Absolutely to all of my EF Friends! Can we just pray for a better and different 2021?
  14. shucker1

Brain Dead Kid

Sir, That is a clinical diagnosis of (CRS) Can't Remember Chit.... @ 60 I have a bad case of it. Ask my wife.....
  15. shucker1

Brain Dead Kid

Touché Bad at checking dates... However, Didn't know you guys 21 years ago so I get a Mulligan....
Back