Recent content by sirhk100 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Recent content by sirhk100

1. S

Nicely built 1991 Explorer for offroad, crawl or go fast!

BTW, please contact me through the craigslist ad, I'm not active on this forum anymore unfortunately... Thanks!
  2. S

Nicely built 1991 Explorer for offroad, crawl or go fast!

I figure easiest to just post the craigslist link. The vehicle is located in Las Vegas. 24 pictures and LOTS of details in the ad!!! 1991 Ford Explorer Prerunner offroad crawler Thanks, Khris
  3. S

Bkennedy's SAS and Rebuild Thread

BTW, I also agree, I probably wouldn't tie into the pillars or any body structure other then down at the floor or spots lower on the cab. Make sure you have enough room so it doesn't rub on cab stuff and make noises to drive you crazy and go with it. That's all just more pointless overkill and...
  4. S

I would bet most "racers" will say you're stupid and give you all sorts of crap cause it's their way or no way... You know how the internet is these days... Personally it sounds to me though like you've nailed it spot on. Plates welded to the floor to spread the load out on the sheet metal...
  5. S

In trucks I've done that still had the factory belts in them, I never tied into the cage. I left them basically stock. The harnesses that we used offroad then were all secured off the cage. Seats off the cage as well. These trucks didn't see much street use though so it was just a matter of...
  6. S

Completed Project Not a ranger but it is a "race truck"

Crap, busted!!! LOL https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WF2WTA6Hr2s Play time is over for the truck for a while now though. I'll start tear down and race prep on it probably next week for the Mint. Probably will take a month or so to prep and then it'll get parked until closer to...
  7. S

Completed Project Turboexplorer's Full Width SAS Build Thread

Engine is already ready to pull out of the truck, gotta yank the shocks tonight to gain the tiny bit of clearance and then lift it out. Transmission will probably be out of it tonight also and then this weekend it goes up on those stands and stripped down to bare chassis for inspection and...
  8. S

Man, your issue keeps popping in my head on occasion and I seriously can't believe after all of that it's still not resolved. Do you have a dial indicator? Can you lift the rear and run a dial along a round portion of the pinion as you spin a wheel by hand to make sure it's still spinning...
  9. S

Jeeze, so can you recap what all you've done at this point to tackle this vibration? Like a bullet list type deal? Seems like you've replaced virtually ever rotating part that exists.
  10. S

Whitey turns red build thread!

It was only 110 out yesterday.
  11. S

LOL, yeah, he didn't follow me into it. Once we got stuck in 2wd we hopped out to lock the hubs and I motioned to him to not follow and work his way around on the high ground.
  12. S

saved my butt. I'm pretty confident the F150 would've buried himself rather then pulling me out.
  13. S

LOL, great, more temptation for my terror! He had a rough start to the day out there. Think he ate something he shouldn't have or whatever cause right as we took off he turned into a pacman eating everything imaginable trying to shove it in his stomach. about an hour later and 4 healthy sized...
  14. S

Some more pics a friend took in no particular order. Some animal life.... My dog working out some puking issues before we even got started basically. Yeah it was nasty... Dead end, at least for us... Lunch time wheel bearing check.... Sat morning
Back