Recent content by Six6slomo | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Recent content by Six6slomo

1. S

1st Gen Explorer 4x4 in KY

I've mostly been a ghost on this forum. I haven't owned an Explorer for about 4 years now. However, here lately I've been on the hunt for a late 80's or early 90's 4wd SUV in the $2k range. The purpose of the vehicle would be for hauling the kids and the dog on camping trips and maybe down some...
  2. S

04 Explorer XLT lift suggestions?

Thanks for the input! I was looking at going with a 1.5" body lift and the coil spacers..I believe it was 2.25" in the front and 1.75" in the rear. Most likely will be running the 265/75/16s. Will there be gear or brake line modification needed for this lift?
  3. S

04 Explorer XLT lift suggestions?

Ok, Ive done enough research to know basically what my lift options are. But, my question is what route to take. What I am looking to do is have something I can hit the trails with but still drive to work. Fuel mileage isnt a huge concern because I work 6 miles from home. Also, I am on some...
  4. S

ABS Light

My 04 X just had the same problem. Sensor on the master cylinder was bad. quick fix!
  5. S

new here

Wow that's sick. Might look into that!
  6. S

new here

Hi everyone! My name is Tom, Im from Louisville, KY. I recently purchased a 2004 Explorer 4.0 for something to take camping. Figured Id join the forum!
Back