Recent content by skripo | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Recent content by skripo

1. S

Who's MFT resets the ambient lighting by itself?

What is the latest version number? Last one seems to be from 2013.
  2. S

trailer towing mirrors.

You would think someone would have made one but I guess we as a group do not tow enough.
  3. S

trailer towing mirrors.

You are right of course, something is better than nothing, I appreciate the heads up. Thank you Peter.
  4. S

trailer towing mirrors.

I also saw those. If you read my first post you will see that I wanted a custom slip on like the Longview or Cipa.
  5. S

trailer towing mirrors.

First thing I tried. When I entered my model year nothing was found.
  6. S

trailer towing mirrors.

I have been searching high and low for a custom slip on towing mirror like Longview or Cipa makes for almost every vehicle save ours. I need a slip on because I will be removing it often. Anyone see one out there?
  7. S

Brake caliper seized

Well it turns out that Ford changed both rear calipers under warranty. The interesting thing is that it was upgraded to a new part number, that I do not have at this time. The other interesting thing is that another customer had the same problem on his explorer the day before me and was...
  8. S

Unbeliveable dealer response

So my rear driver side caliper seized at 30,000 KM and I brought it to the dealer. I got lucky because Ford replaced both for a new model under warranty, apparently there is some issue with the old one. I asked the new dealer I went to about the pillar trim and it was also replaced under...
  9. S

Ford refuses to honor warranty

Despite the Ford apologists nearly accusing me of fraud, the fact of the matter is that this is a known issue and Ford finally honored the warranty. It's unfortunate that I had to drive around with the missing part for so many months but in the end, it's done. Check my other poston the...
  10. S

Brake caliper seized

Mine just failed but didn't seize. I was on my way to Ohio from Montreal. I will bring it in and see what they say. It is ridiculous to think that brakes need special servicing to survive in Canada. I have had many cars and never had any kind of issue other than replacing pads and rotors...
  11. S

Explorer A-Pillar Rattle/Noise

Check my thread, you are not alone. http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=398338
  12. S

Oh look, it's happened again: The conspiracy runs deeper than I thought....
  13. S

Explorer A-Pillar Rattle/Noise

Why is his case different from mine? Why didn't you help me?
  14. S

I really wish you had read the thread from the beginning, Ford categorically said no. I bought a Ford for the first time in 30 years. I did my research and saw people had problems but Ford seemed to make good on the most part, even in THE EXACT SAME CASE as mine.
Back