Recent content by Skywalkerlt5 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Recent content by Skywalkerlt5

1. S

new JLT Oil Separator

JLT catch can on for a little over a week now, and about 250 miles. This afternoon after a 30 min drive and then sitting for an hour and a half. Started it up and got hit with the smell of oil coming from the heat vents. Guess the hose I replaced the air brake hose with on the can wasn't what...
  2. S

new JLT Oil Separator

Installed on the 17 Sport last night. Not impressed. Had to modify the bracket. As supplied it sat too high and the elbow for the hose going to the valve cover was contacting the edge of the cowl.
  3. S

new JLT Oil Separator

Great. Just recd the JLT can. Now I am going to spend more to upgrade a new uninstalled product. Not a big cost I know. Just a bit frustrating. Now what is the fix for oil getting into the intercooler?
  4. S

2017 Sport 2004 Trailblazer

2017 Sport 2004 Trailblazer
  5. S

Explorer Gas Mileage - including Ecoboost

2017 Sport with 1300 km on it. Trip meter showed 17.6 ltrs/100km. It took 7.7 gal after 110 miles of roughly 70/30 highway/city driving. 14.2 mpg . It has been cold here in Winnipeg this week with lots of idling to warm up but still, not impressed.
  6. S

Steering wheel lighting

Well problem solved. Luckily I tried a couple of things before heading to the dealer. Seems there is a problem with the operator memory...... Mine! At some point I must have dimmed the instrument lights right to minimum....which on this vehicle totally cuts the steering wheel lighting and...
  7. S

Steering wheel lighting

Thanks for the replays. Off to the dealer I guess. I will report back when they figure it out. Interesting that it is only the lighting at issue. The buttons all function correctly. Rob
  8. S

Steering wheel lighting

2017 sport, l have no lighting of my steering wheel controls. Is there an adjustment somewhere? Can't find anything in the owners manual . All other instrument lights are working normally. Thanks.
  9. S

Heated front seats

Thanks for the replies. Guess I better just suck it up and live with it!
  10. S

Heated front seats

Just picked up our 17 sport a week ago. Really disappointed with the heated seats. Outside edge of of the seat bottom does not heat and after an hour and a half on the highway with the seats on the high setting we never felt the need to reduce the heat setting. Our 16 GMC Sierra gets to hot...
  11. S

2017 Explorer Sport being held at the factory

Interesting. Had a chance to pick up the Sport I wanted from a dealer 500 km away. The first Ford I have ever puchased by the way. Decided to give the purchase to a local dealer as a factory order. They told me 8 weeks........" Looks like my first experience as a Ford owner is off to a great start.
  12. S

New member, just purchased

Well just purchased a 17 sport. Wanted some thing that could tow and also had some reasonable get up and go. Hope I made the right choice. A GM guy and rear drive believer so hope I don't regret this. Certainly better looking than anything GM had to offer. Certainly hope the "intelligent AWD is...
  13. S

How much more.

Thanks for all the replies. Been watching some videos of test drives and can't wait to get behind the wheel of one.
  14. S

How much more.

Hi all. New to the form. Looking to buy a 15-17 sport to replace my 04 Trailblazer. I expect the performance will be much better. I am wondering how much more power is possible with add ones and a tune? Thanks . Rob
  15. S

Hopefull

Hello all. New member from Winnipeg Canada. Looking to replace my 04 trailblazer with a Explorer Sport and hoping it can be modded for more power.Been a GM guy most of my life, but change is good, right. Looking forward to learning about the vehicle. Thanks , Rob
Back