Recent content by SLE | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Recent content by SLE

1. S

Explorer vs Aviator

Thanks everyone for your feedback. I'm currently on my 6th explorer. My wife loves it. It's hard to get her to upgrade to a newer version, let alone a different brand/model. But the Aviator would fall into the Explorer category. I'm liking the styling (and luxury) of the Aviator. But if...
  2. S

Explorer vs Aviator

Explorer vs Aviator. I'm considering my next Explorer, likely a Platinum or the new King Ranch, or an Aviator Reserve. Clearly the Aviator is a luxury upgrade, which is fine. What I'm curious about is if the Aviator is also a quality upgrade. I've seen lots of comments about a multitude of...
  3. S

New 2021 Trim Levels

I like it. But then I have a King Ranch F-150, so of course I like it. It would be nice if they offered the ST engine though. It might be my next choice when it's time to trade in my 2018 Platinum.
  4. S

2020 Explorer

The press kit... Ford Explorer - 2018
  5. S

Windows down...Darnedest Thing

Something similar happened to me recently, although it was not raining and it was parked in the garage. I went to get in the vehicle and found both front windows down. And we never lock the car when in the garage.
  6. S

Sync 3 flaky

I checked. Says it's up to date. I guess that would have been too easy, Sigh.
  7. S

Sync 3 flaky

As far as I know, I have the latest version, V3.0.
  8. S

Sync 3 flaky

Just wondering if anyone else is having this issue. On occasion, maybe once a month, I'll start the car and the sync 3 system is stuck in some mode; its usually the audio display. I can't change the station or select another source, I can't even turn it off. Also, I can't access Navigation...
  9. S

Ordered My New 2018 Explorer

I finally got my Platinum on Friday. I really like the new Platinum Dune color...a bit more each day. Here are some observations/differences from my 2013 Limited. The Good: - The Ecoboost engine is really sweet. I already have it in my F-150 and love it there too. - I like the 360 degree...
  10. S

COTUS status changed to "In Transit" today with a delivery date slip of one day from 1/31 to 2/1. But....my dealer just called and it's here. Nice! We're scheduled to pick it up Thursday. I'm anxious to see what the Platinum Dune color looks like in real life.
  11. S

Door Edge Guards

It's not standard on explorers and I'm not aware of a Ford accessory for door edge guards. I'm guessing it's an after market item.
  12. S

Good it's on the way, too bad you'll be enjoying the sun in the Caribbean. Mine is still Awaiting Shipment, but the estimated delivery improved from 2/5 to 1/31. I'm guessing it's coming by truck and should only take a couple days once the status changes to In Transit.
  13. S

Sync Connect - wifi hotspot

Thanks for the info, it's good to know. I agree, the FordPass features might be useful. The WIFI hotspot, not so much.
  14. S

Out of Production as of this morning. Now "Awaiting Shipment". WooHoo! Still has a delivery date of 2/5. I'm not that far from Chicago, so hoping the real delivery date is sooner.
  15. S

Sync Connect - wifi hotspot

Maybe I'm missing something, but what's so great about Sync Connect and the wifi hotspot. Almost everyone can use their phone as a hotspot, why would I basically pay for yet another cell phone subscription (Sync Connect) to create a hotspot?
Back