Recent content by smokedawg17 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Recent content by smokedawg17

1. S

Tailgate won't open

hi, i have a 92 eddie bauer ex, i went to replace my reverse lights one day so i went to the open the tailgate and the handle just spun around. im guessing that something must have broken or became rusted or something, i just wanted to know if there is a way to release the tailgate and if there...
  2. S

Stock amp?

if there is a best buy with a car audio bay, just go the them and ask for the bypass cable. its like 5 dollars if i remember correctly. be sure to specify that you need the one of the premium audio package.
  3. S

Factory Premium Audio Amplifier

my factory amp went in my 92 explorer...i just wanted to know will any ford amplifier work? or do i have to get one from a explorer, i've seen several others and the plugs look the same. so would for example and 92 ford contenintal or taurus premium amplfiier work fine with my stereo? thanks
  4. S

92 ex factory amp problems

when i bought my 92, it had a ford cd player in it...but it wasn't the stock one that came with the car..anyways, the cd player turns on fine and plays cd's but no sound comes out.... so i bypassed the factory amp...now i have sound but its very quiet and gets distorted if you turn it up but...
  5. S

No Sound!!!! Help

ok so i have a 92 ex...when i bought it it wasn't the stock cd player in it....but it was still a ford cd player... anyways, the thing turns on fine but no sound comes out... checked the speakers and turns out i have the premium audio package..so i went ot the back and checked the...
  6. S

shifts hard into reverse

do you think it has anything to do with my low/reverse servo? thanks much
  7. S

91 Trans.... Yep another tranny problem

first options are to check your trans fluid... check to see if its dark or particulated of any kind...if so i suggest doing a trans flush or atleast a trans service flush(you can get at auto zone)...the no reverse or OD could be caused by a blockage...this will happen if you have a lot of...
  8. S

shifts hard into reverse

hi, i have a 92 explorer with 150k on it...last week my transmission started shifting into reverse really hard..its almost like a slam..but sometimes its not so bad...once you use reverse once its fine the rest of the time the car is on.. i know this can't be good for my transmission...
  9. S

check speakers

Thanks that was a helpful thread...hwoever....the speakers dont seem to be blown and the connections seem ok... so the speakers in the doors say premium audio...does tha tmean i got the premium package? i just wanna find out how/why no sound is comming out, so i assume if the head unit...
  10. S

check speakers

hi i have a 92 eb explorer... wanna check the speakers...do i have to remove the door panels to check them....if so..how do i get them off? thanks
  11. S

How to: Rebuild 4X4 Shift Motor

ok...so here's the deal..the past month i havent had 4wd in my 92 explorer...no clicks or anything...2 days ago i went under there and tapped the shift motor with a 2x4...but still nothing..but i got some clicks from the shift computer...anyways...today i sprayed the whole t-case and shift motor...
  12. S

How to: Rebuild 4X4 Shift Motor

92 4wd problems Great thread it was really helpful...I got a 92 explorer and my 4wd wont engage, the lights wont come on...but sometimes the lights will come on randomly while driving in 2wd...so i took my shift motor out..cleaned it and got some the grit and grime off of everything...put it...
Back