Recent content by soon2b351 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Recent content by soon2b351

1. S

rotted out front cats 97 5.0L

well, after having patched the front cats on my 00 XLS a few years ago, they are once again falling apart. this time im leaning toward buying new bolt on pipes with the cats . interestingly, autozone offers magnaflow as well as bozal magnaflow advertises their products to be 100% 409...
  2. S

1998 Explorer Rack and Pinion Won't Come Out

don't forget to keep that check valve unless you are sure your new rack comes with one.
  3. S

oil cooler leak where it mounts to block - 97 AWD Explorer

that takes place of a leaky oil cooler which will continue to leak until replaced.
  4. S

Rack & Pinion Help

if you have removed the 13mm(?) bolt from the lower part of the steering shaft, you should be able to just wiggle a pry bar under the shaft and pry it off. that rack is a mother (bleeper) to get out,
  5. S

96-01 5.0L brake booster .. why the 5.0L label ?

every interchange I use shows the 4.0L and 5.0L brake booster is the same for 96-01 explorer/mountaineer yet the 5.0L version has a "5.0L" tag on the top, anyone know if there is in fact any difference in the boosters ?
  6. S

undetermined coolant leak 97 Explorer 5.0 v8

postimage.org upload your pics, scroll down to hotlinks for forums 1 highlight and copy, paste into the reply box. to edit out tag ads do this: remove everything in front of [img and after img]
  7. S

94 Ranger 4.0 not firing right 3 injectors, keeps frying ecu

I had a similar issue on my 94 STX. it began with a bad EDIS module (im sure you've checked that) then in the underhood fuse panel (distribution box) I noticed some corroded connections , turned out the corrosion was making a connection on the underside of the distribution box (in wet...
  8. S

oil filter adapter o rings.... WHERE DO I GET THEM ??

decided to put new o rings in my oil filter adapter (99 5.0L) and i cant find them anywhere, thought about using regular O rings but im kinda leaning toward using the correct ones the first time. anyone have a source ?
  9. S

Wanted 96-01 explorer/mounty 5.0L dipstick tube

looking for a nice clean dipstick tube, my dipstick is fine but the tube is rotted. anyone ?
  10. S

Wanted Full Engine Harness 302 V8

i bought one off ebay a few years ago for something like $125
  11. S

ranger seat in explorer?

you can use a bench seat out of almost anything, but the tracks you want are for the supercab ranger. the supercab and reg cab have a different floor pan. why not do a 60/40 split ?
  12. S

white gauges for a 96 explorer 5.0

i did a search and came up empty, i know the thread is on here somewhere. anywhooo... i have a white face gauge cluster from an 01 sport, and i wanna put it in my 96 explorer V8. miles are very close so all i need to do is figure out what has to be re-pinned so it works correctly. any help...
  13. S

Wanted 4R70W front seal part # or source

id like to change out my convertor seal on my 96 explorer, playing hell finding a replacement, none of my local parts stores are worth a squirt, anyone have a source for a convertor seal for a 4R70W ?
  14. S

valve cover options for 5.0L explorer

my OEM covers are junk. i beat all the rust off the LH side today to blast it, and well there wasnt much left to blast. i have a pair of the fox mustang aluminum covers, they have the oil fill in the correct location, just may have to be "massaged" a bit, i may end up going that route, for...
  15. S

valve cover options for 5.0L explorer

i started cleaning up my stock valve covers today... that was a waste of time. sooo...... rather than even bother trying to salvage these rusty Ps O S, i thought id drop in here and ask what others are using for valve covers, first off, im using the 1.7 roller rockers, so clearance is...
Back