Recent content by Soup804 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Recent content by Soup804

1. S

Tune functionality

That sounds like an awesome idea and very practical to have an economy tune in D and performance in S but not how it works. First would be to decided to pick what type of programmer you want or who you want to do your tune. The popular programmers are SCT X4, HPtune and of course livernois and...
  2. S

3.5L Ecoboost Owners - What MPG are you getting?

I feel ripped off!! I am at 2000' above sea level and have a '17 sport with only 5000km ( 3100 miles). I get 12-14 L/100km (19-16 MPG) and that's driving approx. 40 km hwy and 3 km city per day. towing about 2500lbs I get 18 km/100L (13 MPG). My SCT X4 is being delivered today and now just gotta...
  3. S

2015 3.5 ecboost mis shift in "sport" mode

Humm well I am of no use then and do not have an answer. Hopefully a ford tech will jump in.
  4. S

Sport EcoBoost 3.5L Tuning

3 Bar for the livernois yes. It's not a blanket answer, you have to look at each tune. Some will recommend it and some will not. If your "tuner" recommends it than yes you "have to" as they will use the higher parameters. Livernois does recommend it with their tune.
  5. S

Cold Air Intake (CAI) Discussion

So the take away is... Don't waste money on a Cold Air Intake. Get a quality air filter in your stock box and get more fresh air into the stock box!
  6. S

Sport EcoBoost 3.5L Tuning

Hey all been doing a lot of reading and discussing with friends lately on the modding of my Ex. I have a 17 Sport and really want more out of it because I had to sell my truck because the family is growing. Also am a member of other forums / FB groups and I really like the involvement in this...
  7. S

Pedal Commander

Couple questions I have about the PC on my ‘17 Explorer with the 3.5 ecoboost. 1. How does this affect the different AWD modes? 2. Do the sport modes offer any advantages with towing? Still only 1000 miles on the explorer so hesitant to put a tuner.
Back