Recent content by Spades | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Recent content by Spades

1. S

Removal of 2nd row bench seat

I know this is super old, but im considering doing the same... Except, cant we just remove the (passenger) side seat instead? And that should be able to retain the seat belts since they are mounted to the middle seat.
  2. S

Looking to buy a Gen4 Explorer - transmission issues?

Gen4 V8 is the direction im going, plus im already familiar with it as i used to own a 2007 Sport Trac V8. Now if i could only find one, 9 out 10 in my searches are V6 models
  3. S

Looking to buy a Gen4 Explorer - transmission issues?

I was originally looking at Gen3 Explorers, but after reading so many transmission issues ive decided to move on and continue my search with Gen4s. Are they plagued with transmission problems as with the Gen3s? I was mainly focused on the V8s, but they seem to be much fewer so now im considering...
  4. S

Looking to buy 02-05 Explorer - looking for suggestions

is there a reason for the 4x4 from a reliability stand point? Also, i noticed the Aviators have pretty decent reviews, especially with regards to the transmission failure comparing to Explorers. Since the Aviators only came in V8 im thinking the V8 Explorers have less transmission issues?
  5. S

Looking to buy 02-05 Explorer - looking for suggestions

Im looking into 02-05 Explorer, but have read so many reviews and horror stories about the transmission. Do the V6 & V8 get the same 5-speed auto transmission? Is one more problematic than the other? Or is it certain years to avoid maybe? I will be towing a 2400 pound 18' boat with it, nothing...
  6. S

6R transmission - lock out 6th??

Where are you /they at with the programming for the 6th gear lockout? What are you experiencing?
  7. S

Oh that would be awesome!! I tried doing the same with Hypertech but got shutdown with the idea... Yes please follow up
  8. S

Car wheels on a truck

Trac Marks - I will certainly keep in mind about the lug wrench as that never even crossed my mind to check fitment. Thanks for the tip! .... I may consider selling or trade the stock wheels LTDDSM - it is a 97 GSX
  9. S

Car wheels on a truck

Finally made time this weekend to finish off the fronts
  10. S

Car wheels on a truck

I was concerned with the offset also, but i noticed the stock Sport Trac wheels look like they have a higher offset than my aftermarket wheels, so i went on with my test fitment... Im hoping to finish off the fronts this evening Anyone know if there are manufacturing differences between car and...
  11. S

Car wheels on a truck

Bought these wheels for my Mitsubishi Eclipse years ago, sold car last year but kept my wheels. Since ive been contemplating on getting some new wheels for my Sport Trac, it just dawned on me that 5x4.5 (Ford) bolt pattern is the same as 5x114 (Eclipse), but im wondering if there are design...
  12. S

Speedometer read out

Overlay will only work for current speed, the odometer would still read in km
  13. S

According to that page it looks like all signals are PWM. And another obstacle is that gears 1-3-6 feed or supply a lower pressure, while 2-4-5 feed off higher pressures, so i cannot use a signal for 6th gear and feed it into 5th gear because they operate at different pressures. The only way i...
  14. S

I came across this site for the logic for each gear selection >> http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/index.php?threads/evaluating-5r55s-w-to-6r60-upgrade.436041/ . I had the logic drawn up on paper already, but then found that the signals are PWM (Pulse Width Modulated) to vary the pressures...
  15. S

That is exactly what im wanting to do, but i thought each gear solenoid would have its own pair of wires... So if the 4R uses 2 wires, i imagine the logic to be this below: OFF-OFF OFF-ON ON-OFF ON-ON With 6th speeds it would need a minimum of 3 wires to accomplish 6 combinations: OFF-OFF-OFF...
Back