Recent content by Spas | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Recent content by Spas

1. Spas

6R60 transmission upgrade to a 6R80 or swap.

Boomin', you and I are gonna have a long talk when I bring you your parts :D
  2. Spas

6R60 transmission upgrade to a 6R80 or swap.

Sooooooooooooo...nobody knows for sure if the PCM from an '07 with a 6r60 will work with a newer '08 + up 6r80, huh? Sounds like the overall case dimensions are the same, just a different torque converter and internals. I'm sad to see that apparently no one on the forum has legit tried this...
  3. Spas

Complete OEM SOHC tensioner & Guide rebuild kit

Hi all. I rather stupidly trusted a UK member who begged me to order all of the OE cam guide parts necessary to rebuild his 2000 4.0 Sohc explorer since most of it is obsolete now. I work for a Ford dealer, so I get a decent discount. Usually our parts dept has a strict "pay up front" policy...
  4. Spas

Center Console latch problem

I freakin' love E.F 🥰 I doubled the springs in my handle because yay overkill. Got 8 left if anyone needs them!
  5. Spas

20th Anniversary All Ford Nationals, Jun 4-6 Carlisle, PA

All right y'all, if by some magic Rick makes it out here then we have GOT to take him four wheeling!
  6. Spas

20th Anniversary All Ford Nationals, Jun 4-6 Carlisle, PA

In 2001, Explorer representation started at the All Ford Nats with a few goofy EF friends and three mildly modified SUVs. Seeing as to how this year is the 20th anniversary, I got the itch to celebrate one more time. The show starts on Friday June 4th and runs 'til Sunday June 6th, rain or...
  7. Spas

Flat tpms to stem conversion?

Thanks for the replies, guys. I ordered the orange sensors, will update with results once the new shoes are on
  8. Spas

Flat tpms to stem conversion?

Anyone ever have luck swapping the early model 315mz flat/ banded tire pressure sensor style to a valve stem style? Picked up some 20" Fooses for my 2007 Limited that came with valve stem sensors for a 2011... surprise surprise, they won't program (I work for a Ford dealer, I tried our factory...
  9. Spas

Adding an overhead console to an 02 XLS

Bringing this thread back from the dead, sorry! Anybody know if a '95 without an overhead console would already have the wiring in the harness from the factory? Nabbed a console, wiring and temp sensor from a nice '97 today, just wondering if I can plug it in to my truck's factory harness...
  10. Spas

2017 Carlisle All Ford Nationals

*grumble grumble* You all know the drill by now, right? June 2-4, Carlisle, PA @ the fairgrounds. General info on the show can be found here: http://www.carlisleevents.com/carlisle-events/carlisle-ford-nationals/default.aspx We show our clunkers and we're proud of it. This year the management...
  11. Spas

Rebuilt 2wd 4r70w & RideTech parallel 4 link

Hi all, As many of you know, I've had to give up my race truck project. Jack's engine and supercharger are gone, so that leaves these two. The transmission price I'm flexible on, the four link, not so much. If you look on CL you'll see them both listed for more than I'm asking here: That's...
  12. Spas

2wd 4r70w, Holley Systemax intakes, fuel rails, 90mm maf, parallel 4 link kit

I'm parting with Blackjack's performance accessories, because my life is just SO AWESOME /sarcasm. Pardon the lack of some pictures; my brother quit his job and has yet to get another, so no $$= no internet= mooching Wi-Fi from Wegman's parking lot. That said, yes I am hurting for money, but I'm...
  13. Spas

1992 Explorer XLT *manual* 4x4

I figure I'll give our Explorer family first crack at Chris's (Skunk) daily driver/beater first, before I put it on Craigslist. I'd like to see the ol' girl get a good home, if possible. 4.0 OHV 4x4 5 spd 147, 682 mi. manual locking hubs Good: -New 4x4 hubs, 4wd works great -New fuel pump...
Back