Recent content by SteveVB | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Recent content by SteveVB

1. S

GWNF users - VA MD DC

Well, they closed the trail in spite of the fact that they had numerous supporters and crappy evidence against it, but in the end a group of private land owners closed the access at the bottom end, and the FS was worried that down and out traffic would put too much wear on the trail. OCC had...
  2. S

gas prices

David I think you have your head in the sand. Distributors supplys are being limited, dealers supplies are being limited, because there isnt the physical product and if there is it cant be transported. There ARE shortages in some areas, this is not made up news by the gov, big business or media...
  3. S

gas prices

with gas close to 3.50 already in NY, and I just checked unleaded on the comex and it was up 20% or so. 40 cents!!! It will be next week we break $4.00 in some parts, and we may have shortages and heaven forbid gas lines in places if the initial reports of refinery outages in the LA area, and...
  4. S

gas prices

Get ready for some 20-40 cent jumps in the next few weeks - $4.00 is on its way....thank Katrina
  5. S

brake help- w/ pics

Im back, adjusted out the parking brake and it did the trick. OBX was great- sun, sand, some fireworks, our neighbors had a band playing one night, kyaking on the sound, super weather, a great time :chug: . Robb, yep too late...I did take 460- dont know if it was much shorter, but there...
  6. S

brake help- w/ pics

Ill second it- hopefully getting up 12 wont be too bad. Robb, Ill be a bit north of Duck, I think Ocean Sands this year. We have a family reunion going on my dads side, two full houses of people. :us: :us: heres to some great weather for a week of beach fun. :cool: to continue off topic...
  7. S

brake help- w/ pics

pics of my rear rotor on my Rubicon, it was heating up and I suspected a stuck caliper, but from the last pic and the wear on the inside of the drum Im thinking the parking brake was not adjusted correctly. Anyone comment on that theory. I decided to take the brakes apart a few hours before Im...
  8. rear_rotor3

rear_rotor3

9. rear_rotor2

rear_rotor2

10. rear rotor

rear rotor

heat trace from parking brake?
  11. S

an extra at of oil?

Coolant leak maybe- run a pressure test on the system. When you drained the oil did it look or smell different? Could be a bad intake gasket, cracked head etc. You could send some oil out to be analyized to check whether its fuel, trans oil, water, coolant etc.
  12. S

Ford and GM's Credit Ratings Lowered to "Junk Status"

GM and Ford are basically big pension plans The companies have obligations larger than they can cover, and a large part of it is for benefits for employees who dont produce anything for the company-retirees. Both GM and Ford will cut new workers, and close plants- reducing their competitive...
  13. S

I want to hear from OWNERs of SSR's

Thanks, How did they balance? Bigger tires with chunky treads are notorious for balance problems, just curious.
  14. S

I want to hear from OWNERs of SSR's

Id like to hear from anyone who runs the Super Swamper SSR. Im looking to get a set of 285's soon, and these are on my list. If you have them on your vehicle Id like to hear your impressions. Thanks in advance.
Back