Recent content by stimpy66 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Recent content by stimpy66

1. S

Whats your Explorer worth?

just junked the 96XLT with 230K and a v6 with no steering gear ( rustbelt special under running boards and trim ) the guy gave me $1500 for it on a new duramax crewcab dually . so Bye guys !
  2. S

lower steering shaft coupler for 96 x

need a lower steering shaft coupler for a 96 x 4.0 rack . prefer new but used will do . Pm me please with coupler in rack !
  3. S

Wanted intermediate shaft 96-2001

I Looked and cannot find a thread , but my problem is this the intermediate shaft on my 96 exploder , died , I called ford , it has been discontinued , called autoparts stores , Dorman no longer makes it , called several large salvage yards with nationiwde computers , NO go either .. ugg...
  4. S

Lower Ball Joint Replacement How To (lots of Pictures)

excellent write up , I have the OTC press and putting them in was easier as I had the proper cups to press it back in , its a 2 step method as you start it with one set cups then change it out to get the clearance you need with the other so it goes in straight , using a floor jack is a great way...
  5. S

Removing Interior Get To Trans Access Plate

finally fund what I am loking for , have a bad o2 sensor harness and need to get at it , and this solves what the stupid manual don't cover , thanks guys .
  6. S

How many miles on your 2ND GEN EX?

1996 , 205,000miles . most of it city . and just removed the original O2 sensors and replaced the original water pump a month a go @199,000 miles , now it needss a radiator and ball joints .
  7. S

[PHOTO DIARY] First Gen Explorer Water Pump Removal in 10 Steps.

a heck of alot better than a Haynes or Chilton . got to do the wifes exploder this weekend , I found the leak last night by accident while I was replacing the fuel filter , this will probably solve the disapearing A/F problem , whats this dayco pulley you mentioned is it to make the fan/water...
Back