Recent content by stuarto | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Recent content by stuarto

1. S

Found this plug under passenger carpet

Looks like a residual safety seal from a pressure cooker to me - seriously!
  2. S

2014 New battery no start

To not have enough juice in the battery to even engage the relay, you would need to be close to depleted...I wouldn't jump to this conclusion too quickly. If you want to test your theory, disconnect battery overnight and then try to start in the morning.
  3. S

2014 New battery no start

I second @thinkjerm If you have jumper cables, run one from battery to starter and tap it on the terminal to see if you can manually spin the starter. If it spins, starter is ok (good news). If it doesn't, bad news. If it does spin, what I would do next it tap the jumper cable to the input to...
  4. S

Hot / Cold blend issue

Hi Andy, The actuator that is right behind the glovebox controls the fresh/recirc air intake only. The one to the left of it, and perpendicular to it, controls the hot/cold blend for passenger side. As you have found out, there's two screws holding them in. As I recall, they are 8mm, may even...
  5. S

Automatic Climate Control - Passenger Side Vents Heat Only

I just had my passenger side blend actuator stop working and thought I would share a tip. This is a tip assuming you don't have a stock of spare actuators in the garage. Once you have managed to get to the blend actuator, the fresh/recirculate actuator is right in front of you. It is exactly...
  6. S

2013 Explorer. All fobs stopped working - SOLVED

All, A quick response for now, to close the thread. TLDR - My fobs are working again. I have solved the issue with 99% certainty. In reality, "solved" here means that I believe that I've found the root cause. It was radio frequency interference (RFI) from a smart meter. This should not...
  7. S

Nice idea but no, nothing new added
  8. S

Thanks so much for this. I've downloaded and will take a look tonight
  9. S

Funny you should ask. I did both. All were >3v so I initially left them. However, as I continued to come up with no answers, I replaced them. I can't get them to work anywhere, in the car or out of the car. The good news is that I don't believe all 3 just stopped working so I'm more focused...
  10. S

Hey folks, So I have a really annoying problem…today all 3 of my key fobs stopped working to remotely lock/unlock/start/tailgate open. having found a few threads on the forum I did the usual of checking the fob batteries. Also resorted to doing a master reset. Also disconnected negative cable...
  11. S

Help - Error Code P0420

Having both go bad would be "unusual". I would first get underneath and check that the wires to the sensors are still there and not damaged
  12. S

SUV Conversion Electrical Challenges

The way I would approach this is to see if they are all on a single fuse - I suspect they are. If I'm right, there is your answer to a central point to break the circuit and put in your own switch
  13. S

LED headlight out / failure

^^^^ what he said :)
  14. S

High Beam Bulbs

IMHO, go LED all the time. Do your research as some can have a poor beam pattern. My recommendation is go for at least 3-sided to avoid this issue. Go for at least 8k lumens/bulb if you really want to see an improvement... I have had LED's in the headlamps and fogs for ~3yrs now and they are...
  15. S

Parasitic Battery Drain

I agree that 100 down to 75%, overnight, seems excessive however I also wouldn't base any decisions on what's reported by a battery charger without knowing exactly was X% correlates to. If you have Forscan (and perhaps other tools) you can interrogate to get what the car thinks the charge level...
Back